Do You Know How To Fix It?

Patrick's POV

The moment Amelia says that name my blood begins to boil. At this point I'm just so fucking done with Nadia's bullshit. She isn't getting a penny from me and she certainly isn't getting any of my hard earned business. I've met plenty people like her before. She's a leech and she no doubt only wants my company to sell it for assets. Or for the simple joy of saying she won. She's the worst kind of business partner and I feel sorry for all of the people who have fallen for her shit before.

"Call the police. I'm going to give them all the information we have. What she's done is illegal and I'm not going to let her get away with it" I tell Amelia who nods and leaves the room swiftly. I'd called the police on her before for harassment when she wouldn't leave my building but that never seemed to get the message through to her. Maybe if she's actually charged it'll ensure she will stop.

Next to me Sofia looks pissed, her beautiful face marred with anger.

"I can't believe she's still trying to get to you"

"It's okay, she won't be able to for much longer" I assure her, slipping my arm around her waist. I wouldn't have even been this far ahead if it wasn't for her. God I'm so grateful. I want to make it up to her but I know something materialistic won't do. I'll need to think harder.

I'll start tonight once we're back at my apartment. I'll worship my princess...or I should probably say my queen.

***

When the police arrive, I gather everyone that has worked on this hack situation. I want to make sure the police get all of the information they possibly can.

We spend a good few hours being questioned and handing over our evidence. I get pissed off when the police officer in charge tells Sofia that she doesn't count as a witness and since she isn't involved in the company cannot give any information.

I inform them that she's met Nadia and was there when that horrible women harassed me. Well she harassed us in my car. That changed their tune and Sofia was taken away to be questioned.

By the time everyone is finished with it's about ten pm at night. Sofia and I head to her apartment to get some essentials before going back to mine. I assure her that we can everything out of her apartment within the next couple of days.

The thought that she's staying with me warms me inside and as we walk into my foyer I feel a sense of completeness. Is this what I've been missing my whole life? A partner? An equal? A best friend and lover?

Yes, I think I might have been missing her. Maybe she was put on the earth for me but that would be ridiculous right?

Sofia's POV

The next few months of my life are the happiest I've ever lived. I settled into life at Patrick's apartment as if I'd always lived there. Obviously I'd stayed before but having my stuff there and going back there every night after work was different.

Different but right. I was worried at first that Patrick might regret his choice of letting me stay but he seemed just as eager as me. I caught him smiling at me one morning as I brushed my teeth at the sink next to him. When I'd asked what he was smiling at he just replied "You". Later he told me that he loved seeing all my things around his place.

Well he said our place and I almost melted. It was very obvious early on that we had no plans to look for a new apartment for me.

We put all the stuff that I couldn't bring with me in a storage unit. I wasn't sure if I'd ever need any of it again so I thought it best to keep it just in case.

I found out quickly that my favourite part of the day is when Patrick gets home. Because I finish work before him I get to watch as exits the elevator looking slightly tired yet so inviting.