Holiday CSS

Sofia's POV

As soon as I got in the car with Patrick he asked me what was wrong. My rushed jog from the shop must have given away the fact that things weren't normal.

I actually had to take a deep breath and reach over for his hand before I could begin explaining. Gabe just really freaked me out and I'm still not one hundred percent sure why. His questions were out of line and his staring was just wrong but my reaction feels weird. I literally want to go take a shower and bleach my brain to forget the creepy vibes he gave off.

After ranting without taking a breath for a good two minutes, I finally suck in a huge gulp of air. Patrick is squeezing my hand, his forehead marred with a concerned from. Although the look in his eyes tells me he's more than concerned.

"Do you think in overreacting? Maybe I am? I do that sometimes I guess. He just creeped me out" I ask worrying that maybe I'm just being dramatic.

"No Darling, you are not overreacting" he answers cooly. So cooly in fact that I'm really confused when he lets go of my hand and unclips his seat belt.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to have a little chat with Gabe. I don't care if he asks shit about me but I won't have him making you feel uncomfortable" he growls. If that isn't enough to signify that he isn't just going to chat with Gabe, then his palpable anger is.

When he goes to exit the car I grab his arm and pull him back gently. There doesn't need to be any conflict here. In fact, I'd much rather just forget about it. I'm sure Gabe is nothing to worry about. He's probably just nosey.

"Please don't go in there. I'd much rather you just help me forget about the freaky feeling I have right now" I tell him, pouting more than is probably necessary. That's all it takes for his mood to change, his anger disappearing. He leans over the centre console and silently asks for a kiss. It's possible we both have too much power over one another. I don't know if that's good or bad.

"I'm sorry. I tend to overreact when I feel strongly about something...or someone" he whispers against my lips.

"Don't be sorry. I appreciate that you're willing to fight my corner. I just don't like literal fighting" I smirk and kiss him properly.

When we pull apart he looks like he's just had an epiphany. His face lights up and he looks really excited. There go the butterflies.

"I know exactly how to make you feel better Darling. I think it's about time we took that trip to Hawaii don't you?"

Oh my god! I'm not going to lie and say I forgot about our holiday plans. Although with everything that's been going on lately with us generally trying to navigate our relationship, it definitely got put to the back of my mind.

Now though the excitement that I felt when my finger landed on the Hawaii on the map returns. I can't believe he's really going to take me on holiday. I honestly feel like I'm living a dream that I don't deserve.

"I mean I know you're busy and you're work is important. Of course I'd love to go but I don't want you to plan this just for me. I can wait. In fact, I don't ever have to go" I say casually because I'm trying to be considerate. I'm pretty sure my sentences are really making no sense though. I feel bad that he'd put off work for me.

"Sofia there's something that you need to understand. My work important sure but there's nothing more important to me than you. No matter how busy I am I always have time for you..."

He's told me this before but just like last time, I find it hard to get my head around. I'm really not that interesting yet he seems to find me fascinating and worth giving up his precious time. So I really only have one response that will keep my emotions in check.