The Trouble Is..I Need You

Patrick's POV

When I get home from work I'm looking forward to finding Sofia and hearing anything she has to tell me. It's the best part of my day because she settles my mind, her soft voice is much preferred than anyone else's.

Maybe we can watch the rest of Avengers, since we fell asleep last night.

I go in search of my girl, throwing my jacket off as I go. Checking our bedroom, I find nothing. Our bathroom...nothing. Office, studio, kitchen, library...nothing.

Maybe she's gotten held back at work. Sometimes she has to clean the coffee machines at the end of her shift. Although I hate the idea of her being alone with Gabe. I know she reported him but nothing has been done in response yet. It bothers me every time she goes to work.

Maybe she went to the shop or to see her friends. There's plenty of explanations. Yet I feel strange about this.

Pulling out my phone, I dial her number just to check she's okay.

I let it ring for far too long but there's no answer. I know that I shouldn't immediately panic but it's hard to squash my worry.

In order to act like a normal person and simply wait for her to get home, I go for a shower and then watch the news. I can't focus on it though, my eyes keep flicking to the foyer, my ears straining to hear the ping on the elevator.

An hour passes and I call her again for the third time. God she's going to think I'm insane when she does get home. All the missed calls. I need to chill out. She's okay...she has to be okay.

It occurs to me that maybe she can't answer a call if she's still at work. So I send her a text in the hopes that she can send me a quick one back.

Patrick: Hey Darling, are you working late? What would you like to eat tonight? I'll cook something for us or we can order in xxx

I try to make it sound casual, like I'm not freaking the fuck out.

But damn I'm really freaking the FUCK OUT!

Sofia's PoV

After some more time that I can't keep track off, I hear the distinctive sound of heels on hard ground. It sends unwanted chills down my spine. I've been holding it together pretty well considering my situation. I've held back tears...just but I'm still frigging terrified.

I'm finally going to find out why I'm here. Well I think I am. I'm not sure if I want to know and as all of the different possibilities flash through my mind I become even more scared. It may be cold in this empty building but my fear induced adrenaline is keeping me warm.

The clicking footsteps get closer and soon my captor comes into view as they walk around a pillar. My fear turns to hate and disgust as I take in the immaculately dressed and primed view of Nadia Zoya.

Of course it's her. Of fucking course! I'm now deciding that she's insane. There's no other explanation.

Oh hey my fear is gone...because this women is a joke. I actually find it hard not to laugh at her smug face. What does she think she's achieved by doing this?

My eyes catch a big muscled bald man appearing behind her. Which makes this all look like a scene from a movie. The large warehouse lights shine down from above them, casting them in fake light and making them seem more sinister. Well this is gonna be great fun for me.

"Oh dear, it looks like my men were a little rough with you. I'm sorry about that" Nadia begins, her voice drilling in mock sympathy. I swear this bitch needs help.

"No you're not. So can you skip the boring taunting part and get to the reason you've accosted me. Oh actually wait! I know why! You're still obsessed with getting your greedy hands on Patrick's business shares" I keep my voice calm and controlled but make sure to match her own mocking tone. She thinks she's better than me but she should know that not everyone will bow to her. Certainly not me.