Prolouge

—picture of Moon Goddess—

As a child of an Alpha I've heard many stories about the Moon Goddess. Her name was Selene the most powerful werewolf to all packs. She who can control over time and nature. She is the moon herself. Shines brighter by dust and stars. Selene has taken all the Luna positions because she was the only strongest Luna overall she wolfs. Before any wolves had existed, she had created a self nature experiment. Mates. Being born as a werewolf comes with our wolfs itself. At age 12 we develop our wolfs, because at a young age we transform to our wolf bodies. It takes a lot of practice to be fully trained.

Usually mates encounter each other at age 17 or 18, but Selene never found her mate until she turned 104. An Alpha she had never seen in her life time. The Alpha was much younger than her with silver eyes and black hair. Selene was very smitten to her mate and so did the Alpha.

When I was born, war taken over between vampires and werewolves. Vampires wanted the same immortality and power as Selene. Jealousy took over the vampires from how natural Selene immortality had become. Back then vampires never had immortality and any super strength. We used to be all equal.
My mother would always leave for a meeting or something that was urgent. Sadly I didn't know much about my mother. Throughout my memories of her was a blur. I never quite capture her face before she left or even seen it. I heard many compliments from my father I looked exactly like her without the Silver eyes. I would always smile at my father's compliments. They would make me bubbly and bring out the best in me.

For the past couple of weeks I haven't seen my mother. One night I heard screams outside my bedroom window. I bolted up in fear glancing at the window as if it was my nightmare. Red covered my eyes. My eyes widen at how much amount of fire spread along the pack. A figure drop down on the edge of my window. He had white hair and pale like skin as if they were made out of ice. His eyes were black as night and his teethes were pure sharp. I screamed as he shatter the window. I back up slowly crying for help.

"Mommy, daddy!" I cried for them both.
The man step closer to my tiny self. His eyes glow red as his two teethes between his front ones grew longer.
"You smell delicious." He grabbed ahold of my neck.
His nails dagger into my skin blood tickled down my collarbone. I whimper as the man licked his lips.

My cries stopped as he release me. The vampire flew back and hit the wall. I breath heavily feeling more blood drip down my chest. Sighting a white dress and hair that is white as snow, waving like the ocean waves itself.
She reminded me of a description of the moon goddess, but the smelt of her had a mix of my mother's scent. Mother had that distinctly neutral and watery freshness smell as if she belong to the snow.
"Mommy..?" I asked in concern.
She turned around smiling regrettably at me.
"Take her with you dear and run far away from this place!" She demand my father.
I didn't notice my father was even near me until mother gave him orders. I now smelt his husky scent.

Father picked me up and quickly ran out of the room. Hearing my mother's painful screams echoed through the house forming a bright light in my room.
We were now in the woods no where to be found. I heard movements behind us yelling orders to find the key. What key? My father set me down and crouch down.
"Honey I need you to listen to me. I need you to run and never look back. I'll be right behind you."

A rustle came from the bushes and I feared for the worst. A sting on my left side of my neck burned at the sounds that creep closer.
"Run Ava. Run!" My father shift into his wolf.
I sharply turned around, running from my terror. My feet stomp on the ground not caring if I caused bruises or a slight of scratch on them. The need to look back had me curious, but I followed my father's orders.
So I never looked back.

My neck began slowly making me suffer. It was hot in the middle of winter or was it just me? I sighted something grey and rocky walking up to it by holding onto the trees. There was a rocky path way with yellow lines in the middle. I couldn't really explain what this structure was. Everything was to blur and hit. I was thirsty with this uncomfortable hunger inside my stomach.
One step was all it took me to fall into my conscious.