04 | ℓego нoυѕe

If things go wrong

We can knock it down

Chapter 04 ~ Lego House

      Jamie Myers

Scar Patterson has a lot to learn.

Rule Number One: Don't confess your love for someone who obviously doesn't feel the same. It was obvious that Francesca was only in their relationship for the benefit of being able to brag about it. She never actually cared about Scar, which was why it was so easy for her to drag his name through the dirt.

Rule Number Two: Never make deals with the devil. I thought he would have the mental capacity to be able to figure this one out, but obviously not. I wasn't actually planning on reuniting Francesca and Scar. Instead, I'll let him believe that while I go in for the kill because rumor has it, I've been known to turn straight guys gay.

But that's only a rumor.

Even though he was reluctant about it, Scar shook my hand to seal our proposed deal. "Your hands feel great," I commented with an anything-but-comforting grin.

His eyes flickered to mine and for the first time, I was able to see the true color of them. Depending on how you looked at it, Scar's eyes looked either green or blue. But now that I was standing just a few inches away from him, staring into his entrancing eyes, I realized they were a definite pale green with specs of dark blue floating amidst the iridescent color.

As if sensing the awkward tension, his gaze drifted to the floor. "Can you stop?" He snapped rather rudely.

"Stop what?"

Before Scar could respond, the morning bell sounded above us, echoing throughout the halls in two second intervals. Almost immediately, students began to file through the hallways as they searched for their first class of the day.

Scar released a silent sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose in blatant frustration. "Whatever, man." Without even saying a simple goodbye, he brushed past me and became another face in the crowd.

I decided to not dwell over the situation any longer, and dug into my pocket for my box of cigarettes. As I played with the box in my fingers, I squeezed my way through the crowd of students until I pushed through the main doors and collapsed onto the nearest bench.

I stretched my body along the length of the bench and stared up at the clear, blue sky. Unconciously, a pleased smile curved my lips as I pulled out my lighter and lit a cigarette, sticking it into my mouth and taking a long drag.

Suddenly a figure loomed over me, blocking my view of the sky and casting a darkness over me. "You should be learning, you know," he noted with a playful smile.

I sat up abruptly and greeted Max with an equally friendly smile. "Learning what, exactly?" Raising a provocative brow at him, I reached out and grabbed the collar of his shirt, tugging him down to eye level.

Max's deep brown eyes twinkled with amusement and his cute round nose crinkled as he thought about the answer to my question. "I don't know ... Covalent bonds, maybe?"

Max was cute, in a brotherly way. He had the big, brown, doe eyes and kissable pink lips to classify him as a pretty boy. His voice was higher than most boys our age, he had a small build, and he was nice - for the most part.

He had always been bullied for these traits and I took him under my wing to protect him. I agreed that I'd fight off his bullies and somewhere along the road, we became friends with benefits. Our relationship was mostly one sided, because Max had blooming feelings for me that I obviously didn't reciprocate.