26 | everyтнιng yoυ αre

I didn't mean to break your heart

I was just lonely and everybody falls apart

Chapter 26 ~ Everything You Are

     Jamie Myers

I've had my fair share of bed partners throughout my entire life. After going through foster home to foster home, I had to share beds with boys, girls, babies, adults, and animals. Each had their own sleeping habits, and each bothered me to the extreme.

But I don't think I've ever been bothered by someone's sleeping habits like the way I was bothered with Scar right now.

Normally, he would wrap his arms around me or nuzzle his face into my neck or something cute like that. Last night, however, he laid completely still in bed, staring at the ceiling with a blank look on his face.

"Did you really not sleep at all?" I questioned as I rolled over to face him while simultaneously wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

He continued to stare at the ceiling fan. "No."

I reached over and twirled a lock of his short, chestnut brown hair around my finger. "Do I want to know why?"

Scar clutched the sheets tighter against him. "I'm so confused."

I couldn't help it. "Well, that's nothing new."

It was obvious that Scar had something on his mind, because he didn't respond to my comeback in the way I thought he would. Instead, he continued to stare at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

I poked him. "Why are you confused?"

His brows pulled together, which was the most emotion I'd gotten from him so far. "I think ... Trey ... Is gay."

Sighing, I turned away from him. I was sick and tired of Trey just showing up and ruining everything. Sure, he may have been sincere with his apology to Scar. Sure, he might have humiliated Scar only because he was too afraid to face his own feelings and sure, he was gay. But that gave him no excuse to treat Scar like shit.

Of course, Scar was too oblivious to everything to see that.

"Hey," Scar called out. "Did you hear what I said?"

I took a deep breath. "Yes, I heard what you said."

"So, what do you think?" He asked me, finally turning to face me. "He, uh, he kissed me last night. I didn't return it, of course. But then he ran away and I swear I'd never seen him run so fast. Do you think he's gay?"

I whipped around to face him again. "He kissed you?"

Scar stared back with at me with a distant look in his eyes. "Yeah, so do you think he's gay?"

How could he just brush past the subject like it wasn't a big deal? "Scar," I said in a stern voice. "You're saying he kissed you?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I just said that."

My gaze narrowed slightly as I sat up abruptly, letting the sheets fall down to my waist. "He kissed you and you didn't rip him a new asshole?"

Scar's scattered brows pulled together into one line. "I don't know what that's supposed to mean."

I slapped a hand on my forehead and lazily dragged it down the rest of my face. Taking the time to collect my thoughts and take a few deep breaths, I tried a different approach. "Why didn't you punch the hell out of him?"

I didn't think it was possible for Scar to look any more confused than he already was, which was one of the reasons why I loved him so much. "Why would I do that?"