09 | goℓ∂ rυѕн

A/N: please take like two seconds to look at the gif to the side to see Scar (Max Irons) telling Ben Barnes "I have the key to your heart". I swear I've seen Dorian Gray so many times and didn't even realize Max Irons was in it! The gif has nothing to do with this chapter but I thought it was hot. GOSH!

Maybe you should learn to love him

Like the way you wanna be loved

Chapter 09 ~ Gold Rush

        Scar Patterson

My bed felt softer than usual.

I turned over to my side and nuzzled my face into my warm pillow and outstretched my arms, only to be greeted by another body. My eyes snapped open at that very instant and when I saw the familiar blond disheveled hair, I scrambled out of bed and toppled to the floor with a giant thud.

The commotion had caused Jamie to stir in his sleep and eventually wake up with a confused expression on his face as he looked down at me. "What.. Are you ... Doing?" His eyes were still halfway closed.

I peeped up at him from the floor and saw that he was shirtless with his bottom half wrapped in my sheets. "Oh my god!" I struggled to stand to my feet and was surprised to see that I, too, was shirtless. "Dude..." I met his lazy gaze. "We didn't...please...tell me I'm still a butt virgin."

Jamie stared at me for what seemed like forever before he sighed and buried his head into the sheets. "We didn't have sex," he mumbled into the pillow.

I let out a large sigh of relief, but I still couldn't help but wonder why he was in my bed. "Why are you here?"

He popped his head up, his eyes fully open now with any trace of sleepiness completely gone. "What do you mean why am I here? You were drunk last night and I took you home."

I opened my dresser and searched for a shirt to cover myself. There was something undeniably weird about two guys sleeping together with no shirts on. "So?" I inquired. "That didn't mean you have to stay here, let alone sleep in my bed beside me with no clothes on."

He sat up abruptly and studied me with a perplexed look on his face. He scratched the back of his head before saying, "Do you remember anything from last night?"

"I remember punching that traitor in the face and making his nose bleed, which by the way, I'm totally going to finish today." I pulled my new shirt over my head and flashed him a quick smile.

I was fuming and I couldn't wait until I saw Trey again so I can finish what I started. He might not have understood it, but he knew I was in love with Francesca. What he did last night was the ultimate betrayal.

Jamie's confused expression still didn't fade. "You don't remember anything else?"

I suddenly became annoyed with his presence. There was a certain amount of exposure to Jamie that I could take, and he was definitely pushing the limit. "Can you leave?" I questioned all of a sudden. "Not to be rude or anything, but you're sleeping in my bed which I'll probably have to burn now."

He quickly inched off the bed and picked up his shirt from the floor, sliding it over his bare chest. "Wow," he breathed out in disbelief. "I didn't ask to be in your stupid bed, asshole. You practically begged me to."

I whipped around quickly. "What?"

"Nothing," he muttered under his breath and continued to fix his clothes. Honestly, it was the first time I've seen him serious. Normally he'd have a teasing grin on his face, but now his cocky smile was nowhere to be seen. It sorta bothered me that he wasn't smiling because I had gotten so used to it. He was halfway out the door when I stopped him.