16 | вℓoo∂ѕтreαм

I've been looking for a lover

Thought I'd find him in a bottle

Chapter 16 ~ Bloodstream

        Scar Patterson

"A gay club?" If my mouth could have hung lower than it already was, it would have touched the floor.

When I typed the address of this unknown place into my phone's GPS, I thought it would lead us to a fancy restaurant of some sort. But no, the address led us to a gay club by the name of Ice all the way at the edge of town. I had always heard about gay clubs and bars, but I never thought they actually existed.

"Why are we here?" I asked Jamie, turning to face him. He had a tiny, suggestive smile on his face as he overlooked the men standing in line and awaiting entry into the bar. Most of them were wearing tight t-shirts, short t-shirts, or simply no t-shirts at all. Some even made out with each other while they waited in line. "This is so gross."

"Hey," Jamie snapped at me. "Gay people are not gross. Ice is the best gay hookup spot in town, and probably the only gay hookup spot in town. But whatever, it's gonna be fun. We'll buy a couple drinks, dance a bit, and let loose. Sound cool?" There was an eager grin on his face as he waited for my response, and the only reason why I agreed was because I had already driven this far.

"Sure," I said reluctantly, "but how are we going to get in? Don't we need to be twenty one, or do gays not do that?"

Jamie threw an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Why don't you let me worry about that?" He glanced down at me under his light lashes and planted a quick kiss on my cheek.

I could already feel the heat rushing to my face, so I buried my face in my shirtsleeve. "Just hurry up," I mumbled. Something in the back of my mind told me that this wouldn't be a great experience, but if this was what Jamie wanted ... Then so be it.

Ever since he went through his mental breakdown earlier in the car, I've learned to not piss him off. Instead, I would just keep my thoughts to myself and hope for the best. There was no question that Francesca was going to run her big mouth and tell everyone about what she saw. I'd already considering denying it, but I knew that would hurt Jamie.

In theory, that would mean that I would try to embrace my new found relationship with Jamie. But no one has ever heard nor seen a successful openly gay football player. It just didn't go together. Like oil and water.

Jamie laced his fingers through mine and dragged me towards the line, except he didn't join the end of the line like everyone else. He wiggled his way past the existing men of varying sizes - most of which were big and scary - until he arrived at the front of the line, having no remorse for all the men who whined and complained in the process.

The bouncer, who was probably gay too, looked down at Jamie. "Well, well, look who we have here. Long time no see, James." His lips stretched into a full-on grin.

Jamie propped himself up against the wall while pulling his lips into a slight smirk. "Ah, you know, Craig. I've been trying to focus on school and what not. Oh, and I got myself a little boy toy too." He glanced at me with a forced smile on his face that practically said go along with it.

The bouncer's grin remained on his face as he switched his attention to me. He was giving me such a weird look that I was sure he would eat me. "He's a cute little twink," he told Jamie. "But I'll still need to see some ID."

I felt my throat getting dry. I really hoped Jamie knew what he was doing.

Jamie rolled his eyes as he fished into his pocket for his wallet. "I didn't want to tell you this, but my boy toy is still in high school. His mom wouldn't let him out of the house and I sorta stole him to show him a good time. I told him Ice is the best place to go to let loose," he spoke in a soft, hushed voice.