03: Rendezvous

A/N: rewriting some of the chapters due to changes in my writing style 

The rest of the dinner went smoothly, the boy and the girl never letting go of each other's hands for a second. It all felt too good to be true, a dream that Hani was trapped in. Her father happily and excitedly talked to the group who seemed to be having just as much fun. It had been the first time in so long, the first time in all those different business meeting and dinners with Alphas from different packs, that the cabin had a warm aura around it. The first time Hani wasn't boringly staring at the clock on the wall, desperately hoping for it to be over soon. She was so happy, so excited as she heard the boys talk about their pack. So caught up in Jungkook's warmth and the feeling of his hand around hers, that time flew past her; barely giving the girl time to realize the night was coming to an end. Her father got up, the rest of the boys too. Only her and Jungkook remained sit, their hands refusing to let go of each other. Multiple stares fell on the duo, giving them a weird and confused gaze. Panic installed in the girl's veins, flustered and fearful that her father might notice or slightly suspect something was wrong. Her body abruptly stood up, Jungkook's hand falling of her lap, like a leaf does from a tree – helplessly submitted to gravity. Hani's hands, her body, all of her existence felt cold. Freezing. When she touched her own hands, they were frozen.

Jungkook, then, got up, his face unreadable. Hani, quickly, stole a glance at him and she noticed how he dived his hands deep into the pocket of his jeans; trying to give their frozen hands some warmth now that Hani's hand wasn't next to his. His eyebrows were scrunched in confusion, his hands balled into frustrated fists inside of his jeans pocket. No matter how much he tried, the warmth he was searching for, he would only find in Hani's presence.

"Thank you, guys, for coming, it was a pleasure to meet you all" Hani's father said, reaching out his hand for Jungkook to shake. "Especially you, Alpha"

"The pleasure was all ours"

Jungkook's voice was powerful as he replied to Hani's father and shook his hand. His body leaned forward to shake her father's hands and, as he moved, his breath fanned softly her skin, teasingly creating goosebumps on the girl's skin.

"We shall go, then. Right, Alpha?"

The male called Yoongi asked, staring at Jungkook who hadn't moved an inch throughout all that time. The rest of his betas were looking at him, all waiting for his response. Hani, too, gazed at him, her heart beating in her chest anxiously to know his reply. The answer was simple, a small nod of the head and the whole group was walking towards the door.

"Hani, sweetie" Her father called out for her, making the girl turn around to face him. "Why don't you walk them to the door?"

Doing as she was told, the girl silently trailed behind the group. Her head was hanging low, her eyes staring at the boring brown floor. It reflected the amount of disappointment and defeat she was feeling, at that moment. She had just met him, just a few moments before she had found out that they were mates. Yet, she never expected to feel already so connected, so bounded, so attached to him. All her life she had heard about the unbreakable tie, link, that connects mates. Something impossible to destroy, to replace. And that if they drifted ways, that link would always pull them back to each other's arms. However, Hani seem to be feeling – the link breaking slowly, painfully, apart the more Jungkook walked away from the cabin. Hani was afraid she'd never seen him again and that, this amazingly warm feeling that was coating her being, would never be embraced by her body, again. She was scared that she was letting her one chance at happiness, slip through her fingers.

"Jungkook, are you coming?"

The question caused the girl's head to raise abruptly, a small little spark of hope twinkling in her heart. The boys were already outside the house, ready to leave. But Jungkook was still inside the cabin, his feet glued to the floor as he stared at Hani's figure – like an invisible thread was preventing him from going. Hani searched for her father with her eyes, only to find him cleaning up the kitchen, completely unaware of the unmovable Alpha. She waited for Jungkook to say something (if he had anything to say at all), his betas to say something. Hani waited for a slight movement of the head, something. Jungkook was ignoring everything around him, his eyes and existence only focusing on her. Carefully, he took a step closer and gently reached out to hold her hand, like he had done before. His index finger tenderly caressed the palm of Hani's hands, painting a warm path on her cold skin. Hani observed in confusion at how he flipped her hand, revealing the palm to him and taking a pen from his pocket, he started writing on her skin. Hani didn't pay attention to whatever he was writing. Her eyes were solely focused on him. On how he bit his bottom lip in concentration, his eyebrows scrunched in concentration, his long eyelashes and his big eyes, the feeling of his skin against hers. He let go of her hand for a brief moment, letting the cold wash over her again. Fireworks exploded in her heart, her skin lighting up and tingling like thunder trapped by the clouds, ready to fall on earth. His lips tenderly kissed her wrist, sealing the message he had left there for her to read. Hani's eyes melted at the sight of his pink lips pressing a small peck, the smallest of kisses, in her skin.