29: A new view

AN: really big chapter ahead, i'm sorry 

The small room of Lina and Hoseok's cabin was filled to the brim. Lina beaming brightly, cradled the new born daughter in her arms cooing gently to her, while Hoseok struggled to not shed any tears. She looked exhausted, completely worn out. Her blonde hair was disheveled, forming knots after knots, her face was still slightly red and sweat lingered on her forehead. Despite all of that, she glowed. Hoseok glowed at her, radiant and brightly, not being able to believe he was officially a dad.

The group behind them watched them lovingly, some with tears in their eyes too. Jin was cleaning his sweat with a rag Daeun, his mate, had given to him. He had arrived just in time to help Lina with her labor, fortunately. It was really a beautiful moment, the one they all were sharing.

"Alpha"

Lina's voice interrupted the silence in the room, grabbing the attention of the whole group. Jungkook took a step forward from where he was at the back, bringing Hani alongside him. Lina took one last glance at Hoseok, he softly smiled at her while nodding his head – telling her to proceed.

"Can you?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, upon seeing Lina reaching out her baby to him. He knew what was being asked of him, it made him nervous. The Alpha hated this type of traditions, simply because they made him anxious, restless and perhaps... uncomfortable sometimes. He just thought he wasn't worthy of all this respect and admiration.

With shaky hands, Jungkook took the baby from Lina's arms. The little girl looked up at him with confused sparkling eyes. Doing as he had been taught, he pressed a small kiss to the little girl's forehead, causing her to give him a small sweet smile. He smiled back at her, endeared at the newest member of the pack.

"Luna, please"

Now it was Hani's time to get nervous. She glanced between Hoseok, who had asked her to do it, and Jungkook who still held the little girl in his arms. This was a big deal to the girl, a big honor. Hani felt honored although she didn't know quite why was she being placed in such a position. However, she shrugged all those thoughts aside. Jungkook lowered his arms slightly, so that Hani could reach the baby. Softly, she pressed a long kiss to the baby's forehead. At the affection, the baby suddenly smiled and started making small sounds that resembled giggles.

"Welcome, little one"

The little girl looked at Hani with big eyes, intrigued at what this big human was saying to her. Still, she smiled. Hani giggled back at her, realizing she had gotten her parents' brightness and joy.

The people in the room had their eyes fixated on the young Luna. The natural kind and gentle aura that flowed out of her, the twinkle in her eyes and the sweetness in her voice. How everything seemed to melt under the simplest of her touches. One person in particular could not shift his eyes from her – he was drowning in her image. His eyes followed every one of her movements, every blink of her eyes, every move her lips made. He was hooked on her, mesmerized by her. Jungkook couldn't remember the last time he had felt time froze around him. Maybe he never had experience it until then. Watching her be so naturally, so instinctively good and loving to those around her, created something beautiful inside Jungkook's chest. Something he could not describe - he lacked the words to do so. The feeling overwhelmed him yet he kept on getting more and more addicted to it. Like being trampled by a train, his heart rate exponentially raised, Hani's eyes had met his in the softest of encounters. Her eyes twinkled at him and a childish like smile painted her face as she held the baby's small hand in hers.

No matter how much time the Alpha had spent with the girl, no matter how many new emotions he had learned from her, how many he had discovered through and due to her; there would always be moments like these where she would surprise him with something new. He couldn't point it out, describe it or actually recognize what had triggered this new emotion inside him. It could be so many things but all that Jungkook's eyes could see was how Hani looked so heavenly as she smiled down at the baby.