09: Home?

A/N: rewritten

"Hey angel..." Jungkook's honey sweet voice stirred Hani awake. The word "angel" rolling so sweetly from his lips and gently kissing her ear, making her heart strings melt and curl in tenderness. "We are here"

Hani's eyes fluttered open, happily embracing the Alpha's voice. Softly and slowly, Hani's vision got clearer and clearer, soon, being blessed by the sight of her mate tenderly looking at her. There was a glimmering in his eyes, warming the girl's world in her eyes. He smiled at her, gently. Showing her his bunny teeth and the little dimples the angels had carved in his skin.

"C'mon I want to show you around the pack"

Jungkook tenderly caressed her cheek and reached out his hand for her to take. For a few minutes, still clouded by her sleepy mind, Hani had forgotten she had left her pack behind. It all seemed to be a weird dream she had had. Her father's offensive words, Jungkook and him clashing, her leaving.... recklessly following this mate of hers that, in reality, she barely knew. Taking Jungkook's hand and allowing him to introduce her to what this new world had in store for her. The new world that was his and that Hani, in some ways, was being pushed into, due to awful circumstances. The warm afternoon breeze kissed Hani's skin, driving her mind into a short bliss. Upon noticing that they were in the middle of a parking lot, Hani scanned the place around her in confusion. Cars and cars were lined up but there was no sight of an urbanization of sorts. Jungkook chuckled behind her, causing the girl to turn around to face him. He was carrying her bags, an amused smile in his lips and his fingers gently touching hers; waiting for her to take the first step towards the pack.

"Let's get you home"

Nervousness was floating above her head, haunting every decision she had made. Still, despite the incertitude, Hani grabbed her bag from the passenger seat and faced Jungkook with a bright smile. The Alpha grabbed her hand and wrapped their fingers together. He left a quick kiss on the top of her head, decorating it with a warmth and comforting smile, somehow, reassuring the nervous girl. Then, he started guiding them towards his pack.

As he walked, following the dirt road hidden in the midst of the vegetation, the word "home" refused to leave Hani's mind. She couldn't grasp the new life that she was being introduced to. Was it hesitation, reluctance, fear, nervousness, excitement? Something, surely, was making Hani's mind look at the word "home" with estranged eyes; as if it was a word she had never heard before and one she struggled to understand what it meant. Was Jungkook's pack, really, her home? Wouldn't it be naïve, childish, of her to consider this place she never met, her home? There were so many questions pestering her mind. Hani wondered if she would be welcomed there, if people would like her or even if she would like the place. Something else was bothering her, bubbling up in the pit of her belly, an overwhelming feeling of guilt. Guilt for leaving her family behind, her pack and so readily calling this new place a "home".

Hani tried to shrug off the nervousness in her belly. She took a deep breath, reminding herself that it was her choice to come with him. Her eyes fell to their intertwined hands and, that simple image, was more than enough to make her smile. The way his hand was shielding hers and held it so confidently in his grasp. It acted as a reminder. A reminder that everything would go well because he'd be with her every step of the way.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

They had been walking for god knows how long. Hani watched the scenery pass through her with curious eyes. Everything intrigued her, amazed her and surprised her. A whole world was revealing itself to her. Occasionally she would point to a plant or an animal she had never seen before; questioning Jungkook about all sort of things. He'd turn around, from time to time, asking Hani if everything was okay, if she wanted to rest. Every time he did, the girl would reassure him, telling him she was fine and that he didn't have to worry about it. They made small talk, as well. Diving into all topics and all subjects that popped up in their mind. Despite her nervousness subsiding, Hani avoided asking about the pack. For sure, whatever he told her would be more fuel to her, already, overthinking mind.