15: A Promise

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

Things were hectic.

The ceremony was supposed to be "simple" and not that "big of a deal", yet Jungkook clearly was preparing the exact opposite; if someone hadn't been present in the conversation, they had shared the day before, surely, they would think the Alpha was organizing some kind of huge celebration. Jungkook had sent formal invitations to all the pack members, to make sure everyone would be there. They were delivered in hand, handwritten by the Alpha himself, containing each of the family member's names, signed and seal with the pack's crest. Not to mention, that Jungkook had forced all of his friends to help him get everything done in time; especially, Jimin and Taehyung who prepared a small group which was in charge of hunting the meat for the dinner, alongside the Alpha. Hoseok struggled to find enough vegetables for everyone and had to beg Namjoon for help, when it came the time to start gathering the rest of the food. Hani had talked with Jungkook about it, explaining, as nicely and sweetly, as she could, that perhaps he was going a bit overboard with all of the preparations. Yet, the Alpha shrugged it off, reassuring her by saying that a lot of the merchants in the pack, had offered them food for free. After all, it was a celebration for everyone, not just them. Tables, chairs, logs – the Alpha made sure everyone had a seat, around the bonfire they had made, a few meters away from the pack, far into the woods. The place where it was located and where the ceremony would be held, was thoroughly clean. Jungkook checked the weather for that day one, two, three times, far more times than it was actually necessary. The girls, they too, Hani thought, were overly excited. They stuck to the soon-to-be Luna like glue, following her around while she helped everyone prepare for the day. Lina, after a lot of persistence and good arguments, had even convinced Hani into allowing her to make her a dress. Haeyoung chimed in, in the midst of the dispute, taking Lina's side; stating that this was going to be, one of the best days, in Hani's life and, therefore, she had to look her best. Eventually, they won her over.

It was only later that day, when Hani was left alone that everything started sinking in on her. Her body fell exhaustedly on the bed her and Jungkook shared, the grey sheets succumbing under her weight. Frustratedly, the girl covered her eyes with her hands, attempting to ease the headache that was, bit by bit, destroying her head. A long, deep, tiring sigh fell from her lips, imbued with all the tiredness and stress that coated her. Jungkook had been really busy, far busier than he used to be. The preparations of the ceremony only added more and more work to the, already, demanding role he had in pack. So, Hani was left all by herself with her thoughts to dwell into.

The girl struggled to accept the fact that she was, soon, going to become the pack's Luna. The thought itself was intimidating, yet, knowing that Jungkook's pack was far from being a 'normal' or 'regular' pack, turned the whole experience into frightening one. The True Alpha's pack... the name already resounded with power, with duty, with things that, honestly, Hani didn't see herself possessing. And, on top of that, that same pack she, now, belonged to and was supposed to rule; happened to be a notorious rival of the pack, her father had wanted her to marry into. She and Jungkook weren't a secret anymore and, despite how happy it made her, Hani couldn't shake off the nervousness that came with it. It was only a matter of time until everyone in the country knew about them. Only a matter of time until Ulric and her father became aware of what was happening. Closing her eyes, Hani wondered what would Jungkook's reaction be, if he ever found out about Ulric and her. She knew he wouldn't take it well, they were rivals after all; and, in all honesty, Hani didn't want to aggravate a problem that already existed. So, for the meantime, or until she found the right time, she'd stay quiet about it and hope Ulric forgot about her existence. What would her father do? Would he come marching in, demanding her to come back, threatening to cause war on the Alpha? She was certain that the news would be devoured hungrily by the wolf community, sparking their surprise and curiosity; wondering, day and night and night and day, who was the unfortunate soul mated to the True Alpha. Becoming a Luna was a stressful, nerve wracking experience, and Hani's mind didn't make it better. It only made it worse.