31: An apparent luck

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

By the time Hani arrived at the cabin, the sun was already setting in the horizon. The scenery had made her smile instantly, she always loved sunsets. There was something truly unique and magical in the sight.

During the rest of the day, she walked around with the 3 girls shopping; once they were done, they had lunch and then headed to Lina's cabin to give her the gifts. They had ended up staying for longer than Hani was expecting. In the midst of opening the gifts, talking and playing with the little baby, they all didn't notice time flying past them.

Hani was grinning brightly when she entered the cabin her and the Alpha shared; her heart twirled in her chest happily, upon being reminder of the fun filled day that it had. The girl couldn't wait to tell the Alpha all the things she had done and get to know what he had been up to as well. In addition, she had been the whole day thinking about family and seeing Lina's baby had sparked something in Hani. She was, somewhat, determined, more than ever, to build a future with the person the moon goddess had given to her – Jungkook.

Eagerly, her eyes scanned the whole room, looking for her mate. However, she frowned, upon not being able to spot him around the cabin. Perhaps he had gone somewhere, she thought. Hani was about to go upstairs when a sound caught her attention. It was the sound of something being hit repeatedly, persistently at a robotic rhythm and intertwined with it came the sound of grunts and groans. She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and followed the sound, finding them rather familiar in a strange way. The girl's feet lead her to the kitchen; the sound became louder and so, she opened the door that connected to their supposed backyard. It was an open field that led to an entrance to the woods that surrounded the pack. Rather scared, Hani looked around, searching for anything that was suspicious. When she found nothing, she continued on trailing towards the sound; it made her sneak inside the woods. Hani couldn't help but look over her shoulder as she took steps after steps deeper into the unknown place. Everything that had happened the previous days had frightened her to the bones, who knows if Ulric wouldn't been hiding somewhere? Just waiting for the right time to proceed with his plans?

Yet, all the fear in her vanished as she recognized the curse words that echoed throughout the woods. For the first time since she had entered in that dark place, her steps got faster and faster. She almost ran towards where he was, glad, that this wasn't some sort of trap.

The Alpha was in front of a tall oak tree, his chest bare. He steadily but harshly punched the trunk, too caught up in his thoughts to notice his mate admiring him from afar. The sun was setting behind the tree that he damaged with his fists. The warm golden sunrays hit his skin and coated his chest and face, making him look like he was made of honey and gold, and not of skin and bones. Still, silently, mesmerized by him, Hani's eyes never left his body as he turned away from the tree. Then, he spotted his mate just there, staring. Sweat rolled down his perfectly shaped abs and chest, highlighted by the golden sunlight that so beautifully carved them.

"Sorry, baby I didn't notice you arriving"

His words pulled Hani harshly away from her trance, almost knocking the girl off her feet. Flustered, for she had been caught drooling over him, Hani's eyes, light brown and shaky, widened. Slowly, the Alpha walked towards her. The girl vibrantly wished to speak, to form the right words that could explain her enticement. Yet, Jungkook's tongue already knew which lines to tease her the best with.

"Why didn't you just say something when you arrived?" The Alpha faced her; gently, he pressed his bare chest against her. "Wait..." His eyes twinkled with mischief and a confident grin blossomed on his face. "Were you drooling over me? Baby, staring is rude"