Pulling the trigger

Susie came home in tears. She threw the bag down on the ground and buried her face in her hands. Her body trembled from sadness.

After a few long minutes of crying, she stopped. Her head was aching, her eyes were swollen. She lifted her head and looked at the Alice Angel plush sitting on the closet. Susie's lips trembled, all the bad memories chasing through her head like a hurricane. She stood up and walked over to the doll. She gently took it in her hands and stroked its face. This took a while until she walked with the doll in her hand to the scorched fireplace. She breathed out, and her expression turned into a one full of anger. Without thinking, she threw the plush of Alice into the fire.

,,Burn in hell, Joey!"

Few months later

Susie was sitting in the living room, calmly reading a book and enjoying the silence. But, that quickly changed when through the room echoed the sound of the telephone. The woman groaned, standing from the chair and walking to the phone. She took it and put it to her ear. ,,Hello?"

There was a moment of silence in the phone.

,,Hello.." Susie repeated. ,,Who's there?"

,,...Susie?" male voice has spoken. The voice Susie recognized immediately. She didn't want to have anything to do with that liar, but before she could turn it off, the voice coming out of the phone stopped her.

,,Before you hang up... Listen to me," the voice said. ,,...Please."

,,I don't want to have anything to do with you, Drew." she spitted out.

,,I understand you carry an incredible anger within you, Susie. I understand. And I know it's my fault. But I can fix it."

Susie remained silent.

,,There's one thing I've been working on for some time... a thing that can save the workshop. It's called... the Ink Machine."

Susie sighed in confusion. Joey understood he could continue.

,,Look, I know how much you cared about Alice, and how much you still care about her, and it is this machine that can arrange you to be with her. Forever. But it has one problem."

,,What problem?"

,,You... you have to give a price for it, but more valuable than life itself."

Susie began to laugh. ,,Are you telling me to kill myself just for some stupid experiment of yours? Joey, you totally lost your mind."

Even tho she was laughing, Susie was already completely pissed off. Now she was really about to end the call, but...Joey spoke again.

,,Then you can become Alice Angel."

Susie's hand gripped the phone tightly. ,,What did you say?"

,,You can become a character that you love so much. Just imagine it, Susie! Children would love you, people would rush into the studio just to see you. You would be popular..adored..beautiful."

The woman took a deep breath.

,,Today at nine." she said and hung up the phone.

'If that smoothtalker thinks he can double cross an angel and get away with it..huh. He's got another problem coming.'

Time Skip