Chapter 18

"Hello it's nice to meet you all. I am Jesse, BamBam's boyfriend."

Jinyoung heard Yugyeom suck in a breath from the other side of the room. This was definitely not going to work well with the plan. 

Jinyoung stood up with narrowed eyes and crossed arms, making his way over to where Jesse was standing. He looked him up and down, trying to see his intentions through his skin. 

"Introduce yourself!" BamBam prompted, trying not to make this awkward. When no one made a move to say anything, BamBam sighed, deciding to do it himself. 

"This is Jinyoung," he said, gesturing to the judging form in front of Jesse. "Yugyeom is on the bed and Jackson is laying on the beanbag over there. Mark is the one standing towards your left and Youngjae is on the other beanbag, with JB on top of him."

Jesse nodded awkwardly, his hand twitching like he was going to put it out for them to shake, but decided to just put them in his pockets instead.

"So," Jinyoung said, drawing the word out. "how did you and Bam meet?" 

"We actually we met at a party," he answered.

"And how old are you?"

"Twenty-"

"Woah there buckaroo, go back to the nursing home where you belong," Jinyoung interrupted.

Jackson choked. He made eye contact with Mark, who looked equally incapable of holding his laughter.

"BamBam is sixteen, and last time I checked there is a law somewhere about that, correct me if I'm wrong."

"Guys, guys, let's just get along, okay?" BamBam pleaded. "I am consenting, and it's only four years."

Yugyeom stayed silent, he didn't know how to respond to the situation. 

"Look, BamBam, we support your and Jesse's relationship," Youngjae said. "Don't worry about that."

Jinyoung had to resist the urge to roll his eyes. Yugyeom still was silent and unmoving. 

BamBam didn't quite believe him, but he still nodded his thanks. Youngjae pushed JB off his lap again and went to stand by Jinyoung. "Hi Jesse, I am Youngjae and this is my boyfriend, JB," he said gesturing over to the person on the bean bag. 

Youngjae slung his arm over Jinyoung. "This guy right here is also dating someone, which is Mark." Mark waved with a slight, forced smile. 

"What about you, Jackson, is it?" Jesse asked. "Are you dating anyone?"

"He isn't, and don't remind him of it." Jinyoung laughed. Jackson pouted, glaring at his best friend. 

"How about you?" Jesse directed the question at Yugyeom, who had been trying to blend into the background.  

Yugyeom cleared his throat. "I'm single," he said, trying to sound unbothered. Jesse just nodded, not knowing how to answer. 

"Umm, well the reason I brought him here was to meet Yugyeom but since you're all here that's easier," BamBam said. "I want you guys to get to know him and become friends with him."

"I don't know if that's going to happen," Jinyoung commented. 

BamBam sighed. "Let me rephrase that. You guys are GOING TO get to know him and become friends with him mmk?" he smiled tightly. "I figured you guys could ask him some questions and he can ask you questions and we all leave liking each other."

"Fine. I'll start," Mark spoke up after a moment. "Any interests or hobbies?"

"I play baseball and I go to college."