Chapter 22

Jackson awoke in an unfamiliar bed. He blinked as he tried to take in his surroundings. There was someone next to him, still asleep judging by the slow and even breaths. He shifted around. Where were his clothes? Realization dawned on him as he saw that the sleeping figure wasn't wearing a shirt. He probably wasn't wearing pants either but the blanket was covering that up. 

Oh shit. He had met with Jooheon the previous night, and they had gotten really drunk and went back to his place. Then that means...

Jackson bolted up from the bed and scrambled to put his clothes on. He was about to leave a note about some bullshit excuse on why he wasn't there, but then he heard a groan. He looked in horror as Jooheon blinked open his eyes and scanned the room. 

When his eyes met Jackson, he gave a small smile. Well it was good that he wasn't horrified like Jackson had expected. "Hey," Jooheon rasped. "Would you mind getting me some medicine? It's in the cabinet on the left."

Jackson wordlessly grabbed some for him, as well as getting himself some. Jooheon smiled at him as he handed him the pills. He wasn't making it awkward, so why should Jackson?

Jooheon told him to take a shower while he made them breakfast, and Jackson was glad for the opportunity to think. It was Sunday, which meant Jackson didn't have to do anything today. He didn't even have to go back to the apartment. 

Wait, how was he supposed to keep his distance if he literally lived with Jinyoung? And he still had to go to school, and at this point, he didn't want to see them at all. But he had multiple classes with them. Would he even sit with them at lunch? Probably not, which met he couldn't even eat with his other friends. Looks like he was going to be eating with Hyunjin along with BamBam. 

He got done with his shower and made his way to the kitchen, where Jooheon was finishing with the eggs and sausage. "Just in time," he said as he slid the food onto two separate plates. They sat on the couch to eat and found something on Netflix to watch. 

"So you wanna tell me why you were at the bar last night?" Jooheon asked as he took a bite of an egg. 

"Long story," Jackson answered. But he'd rather talk about that than what had happened between them last night. 

"We got time. Maybe I can help." 

Jackson shook his head and laughed. "There's no way you're going to be able to help with this." 

"Try me," Jooheon answered. "You might be surprised."

Jackson sighed and told him the whole story. How he had fallen for his best friend and his boyfriend, and how they wanted him to stay away so he didn't cause any trouble. How he was depressed about that and didn't know what to do so he went to the bar. 

"Ohhh okay," Jooheon said. "Yeah there really isn't any fixing that."

Jackson glared at him. "Thanks." 

"And you live with Jinyoung? That makes it so much worse." 

"You're really not helping."

 Jooheon chuckled. "Relax. I'm sure you can fix this." 

"How?"

"Well, first of all, tell me exactly how they told you so I know how bad it is." 

Jackson really didn't want to explain how he had ran out of the restaurant and cried, but he figured he had to. "Well they invited me somewhere to eat and told me they had to talk to me about something." Jooheon nodded. 

Jackson continued, "Then they told me that Jinyoung had told Mark about how he kissed me."

"Oh shit new information," Jooheon commented but went right back to listening.