Chapter 28

Jinyoung sat in his class, bored. It was the period before lunch, at his stomach was growling so much he was afraid the quiet class could hear it. 

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the bell rang. He sighed and made his way to the lunchroom, hopping in line behind Hyunjin. The boy in front of him widened his eyes but didn't say anything. The two of them hadn't talked since their shenanigans at the club. 

Jinyoung just shook it off and got his food. When he got to their table, he noticed that BamBam and Yugyeom were sitting on opposite sides of it, which is weird because they always sit next to each other. A closer look told him that this was BamBam's doing, since Yugyeom was looking at him with longing and BamBam was doing his best to ignore his existence. 

They were the only two at the table as well, besides Jinyoung now, so that was odd.

"Hey, Jinyoungie," Mark greeted, taking a seat next to him and kissing his cheek. Jinyoung blushed lightly. Youngjae and JB showed up next, and then finally Jackson. 

They all made conversation with each other, except for BamBam, who barely talked at all. Jinyoung was willing to bet it was because of Yugyeom. 

He shook his head. Those two dumbasses were supposed to have fixed everything. When it was time to go to their next class, Jinyoung caught Yugyeom before he could go anywhere. He lead him to the bathrooms by his arm, Yugyeom being too confused to say anything. 

Luckily, no one else was in there by the time they got there. "What happened between you and BamBam?" Jinyoung asked. He went straight to the point.

Yugyeom sighed. "I don't know. I thought we had made up, but then this morning he was being weird. We had been perfectly fine, so I don't know." He looked down, obviously upset. 

Jinyoung sighed. "What was he doing this morning?"

"I was just trying to text him like normal and he wasn't trying to keep up a conversation or anything. He sounded like he didn't want to talk to me? And he hasn't tried to talk to me at all today, even though we sit next to each other in multiple classes. I just don't know. We were completely normal yesterday."

Jinyoung didn't know how to respond, so he just hugged his friend. "I'll talk to him about it, okay?" 

Yugyeom just nodded against his shoulder. They both ran off to class after a moment, barely making it on time. 

Once the final bell rang, Jinyoung was eager to get home. He had texted BamBam to come over, so he was hoping he'd be able to figure out what was going on between the two. 

BamBam didn't come straight there, he went to his house first, but he still showed up only half an hour after school ended. 

He waltzed through the unlocked door and exclaimed, "So what're we going to do? Mario Kart, GTA, or are we going to go out? Honestly, I don't care, I just need to do something to distract myself."

Jinyoung laughed quietly to himself. "Actually, I need to talk to you about something."

"Okay, what is it?" BamBam went over to the fridge and started rifling through it. 

"It's about Yugyeom." 

BamBam froze. After a second, he grabbed a soda and came to sit next to Jinyoung. "Why?"

"Why are you ignoring him? He said that you guys were fine yesterday." 

BamBam shook his head. "I wasn't ignoring him. We're fine."

Jinyoung gave him a look. "You know that's not true. He's really hurt by this. You should talk to him."

"I can't."