Chapter 21

"Ready to do this?" Jinyoung asked Mark, taking a shaky breath. 

Mark nodded. "Why are you so nervous?" He put an arm around his tense boyfriend to calm him. 

"We don't know how he's going to react." Jinyoung shifted in the booth. Him and Mark had invited Jackson to come eat with them, where they planned on telling him about their feelings. 

"He's your best friend, what could go wrong?"

"That's exactly why it can go wrong!" Jinyoung sighed. He didn't want to ruin his relationship with Jackson. 

"Jinyoung, look at me." Jinyoung reluctantly did so. "No matter what happens, you and Jackson will be fine. I promise." 

"Promise?" 

Mark nodded. A waiter then came over to their table and asked if they were ready to order yet. They shook their heads and told him they were still waiting for someone. 

Jinyoung glanced down at his phone. "He should have been here two minutes ago," he mumbled as his knee bounced up and down. 

Mark laughed slightly. "You need to relax. When this is all over, I can help you with that." 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes but smiled. This was not the time for that. He turned his head towards the entrance of the restaurant just in time to see a mop of brown hair enter wearing a bright smile. Jinyoung always loved when Jackson didn't do his hair, it looked really sexy.

He watched as Jackson scanned the area for them and saw his face light up when he found where they were sitting. Jackson skipped over to the couple and sat on the other side of the booth. 

"Hello, bitches! Have you guys ordered yet?" 

Mark shook his head. As if on cue, the waiter from earlier stepped up to their table and asked again if they were ready to order. 

"Can we just start with an entree?" Jinyoung asked. The waiter nodded. "Then we'll have some chicken wings please, barbecue and buffalo."

"I'll be right back with that." The waiter nodded curtly and walked away. 

"So we actually wanted to talk to you about something," Mark told Jackson. Jinyoung stiffened. Straight to the point. 

"What is it?" Jackson asked as he took a sip of water. 

Jinyoung internally panicked. Him and Mark hadn't discussed who was going to do the talking. How were they even going to say it? Since Mark wasn't saying anything, he figured he should say something about how this all started in the first place. 

"I told Mark that I kissed you at the vow renewal." Jackson's eyes widened for a second before he quickly put a mask over his features. 

Mark scowled at the way the sentence sounded, but Jackson must have thought it was at him. He quickly rushed to say something before the other two could continue. "I'm not trying to get in the way of your relationship. I can leave you two alone, if you want." He looked frantic. 

Jinyoung was surprised. That was not at all what he wanted. "No, Jackson, you don't understand-"

"No, it's fine. You guys just want me to stay away so something like that doesn't happen again, right?" Jackson knew he was being dramatic, but his emotions were getting the better of him. 

Jinyoung looked at Mark with wide eyes. This was not how this was supposed to go. 

"That's not why we-" Mark tried to explain. 

"You guys don't have to worry. I'll stay away. I'll only just cause problems and I just want you two to be happy." Jackson could feel tears coming so he stood up and ran out of the restaurant. 

Mark and Jinyoung sat dumbfounded. When they came back to their senses and tried to go after him, the waiter appeared with chicken wings in hand. The two sat back down and mumbled their thanks. 

"Is that all for you today?" The waiter said, glancing at the empty seat where Jackson was a few moments ago. 

"Yeah, I think so," Jinyoung said. They paid quietly and sat at the booth, not touching their food. Jackson was probably long gone by then.

Mark decided to speak up. "Well what do we do now?" 

Jinyoung shrugged. He couldn't really form words at the moment. 

"Do you think he's actually going to stop talking to us?"

Jinyoung shrugged again. He quickly pulled out his phone and called Jackson. Straight to voicemail. He tried to send a text but it wouldn't go through. He let out a frustrated sigh. "What the hell is up with him? There's no reason why he would react like that so suddenly."

"Unless there was already something bothering him before." 

Jinyoung nodded in thought. "But blocking us just because I told you about the kiss? He didn't even hear the whole story!" 

"If only he would've let us finish." Mark shook his head. There's no way he reacted like that from this one situation. "We have to get him to talk to us so we can explain. And find out what's wrong."

Jinyoung nodded in agreement. 

Meanwhile, Jackson stumbled down the street, vision blurry with tears. He figured that while Mark and Jinyoung probably only wanted him to back off a little bit, it would probably hurt worse that way. 

He would be better off not being around them than being distant with them. He thought he should have seen it coming. They were too good for him anyway. He was glad they had each other.

Jackson looked around and saw a bar not that far away. He made his way over to it, stumbling in and flashing his ID card that said he was underage. But the bouncer didn't pay any attention to it, he was too busy talking to some random girl. 

Jackson didn't really care whether or not they let him in anyway, but he had gotten in. He sat at one of the bar stools and put his head in his hands.

The bartender must've noticed how he was feeling because she didn't even ask what he wanted and just gave him some of the strongest they had. He picked it up and drank almost all of it in one gulp. He savored the burning feeling in his throat. 

"Rough day, huh?" 

Jackson turned to look towards the voice coming from the stool next to him. He froze. "Jooheon?" 

Jooheon gave a small smile. "Long time no see."

Jackson didn't know what to say. They hadn't seen each other in years. Since middle school. They were pretty close, and Jinyoung had always gotten jealous because of it. But Jackson never told Jinyoung that what he felt for him he could never feel for Jooheon. They had lost touch, however, after Jooheon moved just before high school. 

"What are you doing back here?" Jackson finally managed to spit out. 

"Just came to visit for a few months. So what's been up with you?" 

Jackson sighed. He didn't feel like explaining it, so he just said, "Boy troubles." 

"Boy?" Jooheon questioned. Jackson nodded. "Hmm. I like guys too. And girls." 

Jackson nodded again and tried to put as much enthusiasm as he could into his voice when he said, "Sweeeet." 

Jooheon ordered them more drinks. They caught up with each other over the next hour as they grew increasingly more drunk. 

Right when the bartender was about to cut them off, Jooheon asked, "Hey, do you want to go back to my place?" 

Jackson's head was spinning from the alcohol. Sure why not, he was an old friend. Unless it was for something more. But at that point, Jackson didn't care, he just needed to get his mind off of Jinyoung and Mark. "Yeah, let's go." 

Jooheon smiled. They called a taxi and everything after that was a blur. 

A/N: WE GOT A DAESANGGGGGGGG YISSSSSSSS