Chapter 29

Jinyoung was worried. Mark hadn't shown up to lunch or any of his classes. He wasn't answering his or Jackson's texts either. He tapped his foot at the lunch table. "I got to get out of here," he said, grabbing his stuff and starting to leave. 

"I'll come too," Jackson said, who most likely knew what he was going to do. Youngjae grumbled and looked like he was going to protest but didn't. It was now only him, JB, and Yugyeom at the table, since Mark wasn't there and BamBam had opted to sit with Chan. 

Jinyoung barely registered where he was going until Jackson grabbed him and pulled him into a hallway before he walked right out of school in front of the front office. He probably would have gotten suspended. "Jinyoung!" Jackson hissed. "I know you're worried about Mark, but you need to be more careful."

Jinyoung huffed. He knew his boyfriend was right. "We need a better way to get out of here," he said. It didn't matter that they were skipping their classes, they could just make stuff up later.

The bell for the next class rang. Jackson pulled him into another hallway that had double doors leading outside at the end of it. The teachers should be too distracted by the other students to noticed if they slipped out, right? Jinyoung hoped no alarm would go off when they pushed open the doors, and luckily, he was right. He was probably just being paranoid. 

The two hopped in Jinyoung's car where they drove to Mark's house first. Jinyoung was nervously bouncing his leg the whole way, Jackson taking hold of his hand to try to calm him. 

They pulled up in front of the mansion, hoping against hope that his dad didn't answer the door. "You know," Jackson said, "we probably shouldn't knock. Let's try to sneak in somewhere else."

Jinyoung hummed. How were they supposed to do that? And then, a light bulb went off in his head. He whipped out his phone so fast he almost dropped it on the floor. Mark had actually given him Lisa's phone number, just in case he had to contact her. 

Looked like that was coming in handy. 

Jackson looked over his shoulder and whistled when he saw what Jinyoung was doing. "Good idea, Jinyoungie." He kissed his cheek. Jinyoung blushed and misspelled something he was typing. When he finally got it straight, this is what the message said:

park-puppy

hey, are you at Mark's house right now? if you are, I need u to do me and Jackson a favor

Him and Jackson held their breath as they waited for an answer. After a few moments, there was a response. 

lili-cat

yeah I'm at the house :) what do u need

park-puppy

can u maybe sneak us in?? its important

actually first off, is Mark there

lili-cat

yeah I think he's here

sure I can do that. come around the back and I'll let u in there

park-puppy 

ok got it

Uhhh, how were they going to do that? The house was huge! And completely guarded! Jinyoung and Jackson shared a look. 

"Maybe we could create a distraction?" Jackson suggested. 

"This isn't a fucking spy movie!" Jinyoung hissed. "Let's just walk over there like we own the place."

"Yeah that's a good way to get shot."