Chapter 30

Mark wasn't at school for the next week, he was dealing with stuff from the police and tending to his injuries. Jinyoung and Jackson were extremely worried about him, but they could barely ever see him or even get a quick text in. There wasn't much for them to do except sit and worry during classes. 

The two were sitting on the couch cuddling when both of their phones pinged. "Ugh, I don't want to move," Jackson mumbled. 

"Me either," Jinyoung agreed. They lied there for a few more moments. "What if it's something important, though," Jinyoung thought aloud. 

Jackson groaned and slowly started to detach himself from his boyfriend. He whined at the loss of heat. His lazy expression completely changed as he saw the notification. "Oh my god! Mark can finally hang out!" 

Jinyoung grinned happily and the two boys jumped around in excitement. Jackson took a deep breath and then said, "He wants to get together as the seven of us since he misses all of us-" he paused to coo at the word choice- "and he was thinking that we all go to Jaebum's!" 

They didn't have to be told twice. It was a Friday night, and all seven of them were happy to be able to hang out. They all quickly drove to JB's (or walked, if they were close enough) and walked in through the front door. Youngjae was already there with his boyfriend, the two of them hanging out in his massive kitchen. 

"Is Mark seriously going to be the last one here," BamBam laughed when they all (well, most of them) had gathered. Jinyoung just shook his head. He was kind of anxious to see his boyfriend, but he didn't know why. 

Mark arrived a few minutes later, it looked like he had walked all the way from his mansion. When he walked in, Jinyoung and Jackson tackled him with a hug. "Oh my god I missed you so much!" Jinyoung said, his voice muffled by Mark's shirt. 

Jackson said something along those lines as well but Jinyoung couldn't really hear it because he was so happy. 

"Oh my god, get off that boy before you kill him," Youngjae said. "He looks like you're crushing his bones!" 

The two quickly got off him when they realized he was still injured. "Sorry about that," Jackson mumbled. 

Mark just laughed and kissed them both quickly. He missed both of them very much as well, especially with everything going on. 

"Hey, we're here too, you know," JB said with a slight smile. Mark giggled and went to hug each of the others. 

"So how's it going with the police," Yugyeom asked. 

"It's going well, the lawyers say I'm going to win the case. The court date is next month." 

Jinyoung let out a breath when he heard it was going well. That man deserved to be in prison for a very long time. 

Mark mentioned he didn't really want to talk about that any longer. He just wanted to take a break from all of it and be with his friends, so they all obliged. 

They started talking about various random topics just as friends do, but Jinyoung wasn't paying any attention because he was too busy staring at Mark. God, he had gotten so skinny. But he was beautiful no matter what. 

His hair was getting kind of long, in need of a cut, but Jinyoung kind of liked it better that way. It really suited him. His bruises and cuts were healing up quite nicely, but they still dotted over his face. It didn't make him any less attractive, however. 

Unbeknownst to Jinyoung, Jackson was giggling at his awe-struck look. He poked his cheek. "You're too adorable," Jackson squealed. Jinyoung slapped his arm away.