Chapter 20

Jinyoung sighed as he sat down at the lunch table. BamBam still refused to sit with them, choosing to spend his lunch with Hyunjin and his friends.

BamBam was completely ignoring them. He didn't block them or anything, which seemed to hurt worse because they could see that he was reading their messages but that he chose not to respond.

Jinyoung was ripped out of his thoughts when Mark sat down next to him and put his arm around him. He obviously still felt bad about the fact that he kissed Jackson, and was reminded of it every time he saw his boyfriend.

Yugyeom was the last one to sit down, looking tired and depressed.

"He'll forgive us," Jackson said, trying to cheer the other up.

"You don't know that." Yugyeom took a lazy bite of his sandwich as he stared blankly off into the distance.

Jinyoung wished he could help Yugyeom somehow, but he didn't know how. He also had know idea what it felt like to loose his best friend because him and Jackson had been inseparable ever since he could remember. They had had their fights, but they always knew they would be fine.

"You okay?" Mark murmured into his ear, noticing his troubled expression. He nodded. "If you need to talk about anything, I'm here."

Ugh, Mark was the sweetest, most caring person ever. How could Jinyoung cheat on him? Did it even count as cheating? It didn't matter because either way, Jinyoung felt guilty.

Thinking about this made Jinyoung's eyes accidentally move over to where Jackson was sitting, accidentally making eye contact. They both looked away quickly. While it hadn't been awkward between them, it hadn't been normal either.

"Wait guys, I have an idea," JB suddenly said.

"What is it?" Mark asked.

"Maybe if we talk to Jesse he can get BamBam to forgive us."

Hmm. Not a bad idea. "Yugyeom, what do you think?" Jinyoung thought that the ultimate decision should go to Yugyeom because BamBam was his best friend.

"We can try." He still had that distant look on his face, however.

"Yugyeom, you should come over to the apartment later," Jackson suggested. "We can play some video games to cheer you up. And we can make Mark and Jinyoung play with us too."

"Wow, just don't invite us. That's okay." Jaebum crossed his arms and pouted.

"It's okay Bummie, we were going to hang out today anyway," Youngjae consoled. JB just huffed.

When the bell rang, the six headed off to their next classes. Jinyoung still was having trouble focusing because of everything going on in his head.

He hoped he would be distracted from it when Yugyeom was over after school.

When the four of them were finally at the apartment, they settled down to play some Mario kart. Jinyoung didn't really expect to win any anyways, but he was extra distracted today. It's like he wasn't trying at all, which if he was being honest, was true. 

"Jinyoung, you okay?" Jackson asked. 

When Jinyoung didn't respond and continued clicking random buttons on the controller even though the game was paused, he snapped a couple of times in his face. 

"Earth to Jinyoung," Yugyeom said.

"Jinyoungie," Mark said and slightly shook him. 

"Hm? What?" 

"What's wrong?" Mark look worried. He noticed Jinyoung had been acting off all day, and it looked like it was getting worse. 

"Nothing. I'm just tired."