Tryin' our hand at ranchin'- Part Two

-6:03 AM-

Arthur got up an hour ago, he had wanted to get a few things ready for the new arrival. He knew the name already, the pup would be named Rufus if it was a boy, and if it was a girl, you'd name it.
Arthur finished arranging a spot for it to stay before going back upstairs to bring you your breakfast he had made you.

"Heyyy beautiful" he cooed softly.
"Gorgeous, wake uppp" Arthur whined this time.
"Mmph... w-wha?" You squinted rolling over to see hum standing there excitedly with food on a small tray.
"I made you breakfast" he brightly smiled, a bit of butter on his chin. You giggled and took a finger to wipe it off.
"Thanks Arty" you spoke, still groggy.

"So I was thinkin' what about the name Rufus?" He broke the silence.
You finished the last piece of toast before speaking, "Arty it's your dog, I'll like anything you choose" you smiled before ruffling his hair.
"C'mon lets get ready" you said playfully pushing him outta the way.

A while later you were both ready to leave, you said your goodbyes to the cows before turning to the wagon.
Arthur couldn't help but grin at you and your daily ritual of saying hello, and farewell to the animals.
"So how far is this ranch anyways?" You asked as he helped you up onto the wagon.
Arthur huffed himself down before speaking, "It's just a ways down the valley, once we get into strawberry it won't be no time at'tall".
Arthur was so excited that he nearly ran off the trail on the way towards your destination.

"There!" He pointed towards an old looking house. Running around the yard, were 4 puppies and a large dog, presumably the momma.
Arthur pulled the horses to a stop and jumped off, you could barely keep up with the gleeful man.

There was a sign on the house that read
If you read this, please feel free to take one of the little pups runnin' round, they need good homes! Don't worry about money..
-C.

Arthur looked over towards you as if asking for permission, you nodded and before you knew it he was on the ground with puppies all over him.
"Arty which one are ya gonna pick?" You asked laughing at the sight before you.
Arthur struggles to speak between puppy kisses
"I- I think-.." he was cut off by his own uncontrollable laughter.
"Arthur cmon I need to get some work done at the house!" You giggled.
"Alright alright... this one" Arthur pointed to a brown Shepard puppy who was laying on his chest.
You smiled, "He's quite cute, just like someone else I know"
Arthur's face turned a bright red, "Well when I'm gone hunting, he will protect you just like I strive to do every day" Arthur got up, picking the puppy up with him before walking over and kissing your forehead. Even Rufus kicked your cheek.
You smiled, "cmon boys, let's go home".

I'll definitely write more of Arthur and Rufus ;) thanks for reading !!