~Traveling and other things~

2:34 am
~~~~~~
Finally. You were finally riding back into camp, located just outside of Saint Denis. This week had been rough, you went out as far as the grizzlies, collecting debts for Strauss. Your ass hurt, your back hurt, everything hurt. Clearly indicating you were well overdue for a new saddle.

You dismounted and praised your ride by giving her a few pats and an Apple. Painfully you half limped into camp, seeing two figures by the fire. It was Arthur.
Charles was sitting beside him, chuckling to himself as Arthur dozed off.
You slipped off your boots, giving yourself instant relief.

"Psst, hey.. Arty?" You softly spoke, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. Arthur jumped awake, with a single snore.
"I wasn't- I was jus'.." he sat up a bit.
"I tried to be awake when you got back" he finally managed to speak, still half asleep.
"Arthur" you smiled down at him, "you need sleep, don't wait around for me" he weakly pulled you onto his lap.
"Missed ya's all" Arthur tugged you towards him, his eyes closed again. "Felt like forever since I got to hold ya" he sniffed.

Charles rolled his eyes and got up, "I'm heading to bed, you two should as well" he laughed before walking into his tent.

"Arthur cmon, lets go to bed" you tried getting up but it was no use.
"Nooo.. I'm comfortable here" he whined
"Arty cmon" you giggled, "I am sore".
Arthur stirred himself fully awake, "alright.." he mumbled, now leaning on you.
Arthur kicked his boots off, and that's about all he did before tossing himself down heavily, you laid down beside him and snuggled close.
"Y/n? Can you- can you sing to me?" His voice muffled due to his face being buried in your hair.
You were tired, sore, and ready to pass out, but how could you turn down this sleepy cutie?
"Of course Arty, anything for you"
Arthur smiled tiredly.
Slowly running a hand through his messy hair, you began to softly hum one of his favorites. Before you knew it, you were both fast asleep, your hand still intertwined in his hair.