First confrontations

Arthur got up and yawned, his eyes were sore from the night full of drinking he had. The gang celebrated Sean's big return, but he wasn't even focused on that buffoon. through the entire night had been a blur, he remembered one thing, and that was how you looked under the moonlight, the way the light from the moon made your already perfect figure shine in a perfect silhouette of pure beauty.

"Hey Arthur"

You had said to him, sure they were the first real direct words that you had spoken to him, but he loved them. You had only just joined a few months ago and ever since Arthur had taken a liking to you, he had even turned down Mary's letter request just so he could stay at camp and see you, the first time you had a=ever spoke to him was a while back, but it was never directly, never eye to eye, and never as perfect as you looked in the moonlight last night.

"Some night wasn't it Arthur" Sean said breaking through Arthur's deep thoughts.

"Damn it kid ya scared me" Arthur said as he gathered himself.

"Who ya thinkin bout" Sean asked, clearly all nosy intentions.

"What makes you think im thinkin of someone?" Arthur said, he crossed his arms.

"Well for one you were starin at that pretty lady over there" Sean said, he chuckled as he pointed to you.

Arthur's eyes focused back onto you, who had gotten a cup of coffee and a book and settled down by the tree near the horses.

Arthur felt a smile creep up on his face but he quickly pushed it back off when he realized Sean had caught notice.

"Talk to her" Sean advised before turning to walk towards Karen.

Arthur stood for a moment, back in thought. He felt a nervous lump in his throat but quickly ended that with a swig of whiskey from his pocket stash.

Alright He thought to himself

Arthur walked over towards you, who was oblivious, your nose burrowed deep in the poetry you had been reading. You looked up and Arthur felt his stomach do the craziest flip it had ever done.

shit

"Hey Arthur" you said smiling

this nearly killed him. how you had this affect on his 'tough gunslinger figure' had him in a puzzle.

Oh uh, hey Miss" he said nervously.

He walked the rest of the way over and stood beside you.

"whatcha reading" he asked, tryin to break the silence.

"just some poems I found in this little book at the general store" you said.

You placed the book down and looked up at Arthur.

"Oh did you need something by the way?" You stood up to that the height difference hadn't been so drastic.

"Oh uh" Arthur paused

"Just wanted to see If you might fancy a night in Saint Denis with me, thought maybe I could show you the bizarre civilization" He chuckled nervously. What was he saying? Arthur hated the city but, when he thought of galloping through the streets with you, it all seemed a bit more bearable.

"I would love that" you said smiling. He was cute when he was shy and nervous. little did he know that you had liked him for the longest time as well. He didn't know you knew about his feelings, but ever since he found you all those months ago it had been rather obvious.

Arthur smiled.

"good".

TOO BE CONTINUED?? :0

I am very sorry for being gone so long ahhh

I hope everyone is safe during this time! let me know how this one is as always I love all of your responses! thank you so much! luv u cowpokes, till next time.