Where are you going?

You woke up to Arthur snuggly wrapped around your arm.

Typical.

He always pushed himself onto you as he slept. It kept you warm, and you guessed it kept him feelin' safe.

You stretched. The sun was hiding behind the mountain you and Arthur were camping below.

The sun would be a while, you thought to yourself.

Arthur always got up right at sun rise, said he wanted to get a head start on the day.

However, you were thirsty, and your leg was cramping, Arthur was practically slumbering on top of you. You sighed, not wanting to wake him up. Sliding out from under his warmth brought literal torture as the cool mountain air touched your bare skin, but you needed to move.

As you gathered your senses and walked towards the tent opening, you felt a tug on your oversized shirt.

Arthur.

"Where are you goin'?" He asked, his voice groggy and hoarse. The air on this mountain was terribly cold.

"I was just goin' to get some water" you spoke, your voice soft and hushed.

"Oh- alright" Arthur huffed himself back down. He let out a sigh, of what sounded like relief. His voice shook slightly.

"You alright Arty?" You asked, getting your glass of water.

"I- I thought you was leavin' s'all" Arthur rubbed his face. A clear sign he was about to cry.

"Hey, Arty you know I would always say somethin' if I were to get up and go" your voice grew softer as you sat down beside him.

"I'm sorry, it's just-"

"I know, she didn't deserve you. I hope you know that Arthur" you reassured him.

Before Arthur met you, and before you became part of the gang, Arthur was with Mary. She had up and left in the middle of the night, leaving nothing. Not even a note. Sure Arthur was an outlaw, but he had feelings. You hated her for that. He never deserved something so harsh.

"I'm not her Arty" you sighed.

Arthur leaned into your chest, his arms wrapping around your waist.

"I know y/n... I know" he mumbled into your hair.

You kissed his forehead and hugged him against you. It was always you and him, always and forever.

Hey guyssss thanks for 3K !! Means lots! I hope you enjoy (as usual ignore the few miss types if any) xoxo
❤️