Missing you a little extra

You sighed as you huffed yourself onto the sofa.

"Cassie!" you called your five year old daughter.

You and Arthur had met some years ago at a bar. He had gotten you pregnant.

Arthur was the rough, sketchy type of perfect and you were the cute, innocent, clean type of his perfect. However, he was in a gang, a rough, harsh, life you were not ready to live, but you loved him. So he promised that as soon as he had made enough money, and made sure certain people were safe, he'd come live the perfect life with you and his soon to be born daughter.

He never showed up.

It broke your heart, you thought maybe he'd forgotten you or worse, died. However you had a daughter to look after, you couldn't be distracted with your own silly feelings, they simply didn't matter.

"Mama! Who's hat is this?" Cassie asked curiously.

You put your book down and looked up, the second you saw what she had your heart sunk. It was Arthur's hat. You just sat there, brokenly watching your daughter try on her fathers hat.

"Mommy look it fits!" She yelled happily as the hat slid down over her eyes.

You chuckled, it wasn't a happy chuckle, it was a choke as you started to tear up.

"Baby please put that back" you demanded maybe just a little too harshly.

Cassie looked up with a frown.

"Okay mommy..." She walked back into the closet where she had found his hat.

God you missed him

No.

You couldn't think about Arthur anymore, he left you. That or he got killed doing something bad. He was a bad man, who you just happened to run into on a whim.

So why did you hope that every time someone knocked on your door, that it was him. That he had finally found you and Cassie and he was home.

It never was though, you had gotten used to raising a child alone, you didn't need him...

right?

Sorry for the short, crappy fanfic guys, im not doing too well atm but writing helps some. I hope you all are alright, and that you are having a wonderful 2020 so far! Please enjoy this until tomorrow or the next day XX