Hints and other mishaps

The gangs annual feast.

A lovely time to sit and reminisce with everyone after the hard year of running away from the Pinkertons and O'Driscols. Dutch had started this tradition years back, when you and Arthur were just kids and the gang was much smaller.

"Cheers!" everyone yelled after Dutch finished his speech. You were somewhere else though, you'd not heard but two words of Dutch's rambling. You were too focused on giving Arthur signals, the two of you had been dancing around your feelings for quite sometime now. The whole gang noticed, hell even the two of you noticed, but you were both too shy to take actions.

Your eyes met Arthurs all through the dinner. The party was just getting started though, after everyone ate you all partied, hard.

This meant hard drinking, dancing, and singing.

All night long

After eating you and the girls went to the fire to join the men who were already  drunk out of their minds. You scanned the group, your eyes carefully searching for Arthur.

He wasn't there.

You cleared your throat, "I'm just gonna go grab a whiskey" You yelled to Mary Beth over the music.

You wondered over to the box of whiskey, the area was much dimmer, it was barely lit at all so you couldn't see much besides the bottles that were being illuminated by the single lamp hanging above. You wondered where Arthur had wondered off to, he wasn't much for big loud crowds but this was his family, it was odd.

You grabbed two bottles of whiskey and sighed. You would need two tonight, you wished he would take a hint, you wanted him bad right now.

You decided to head back to your tent where you would drown yourself in sadness and whiskey.

Opening the tent flap, you squinted. The tent was pitch black and you couldn't see a single thing.

Just then you heard your bed creek.

What the hell? You thought to yourself.

You slowly reached for the gun that was on the side table next to the bed.

"Don't shoot" You heard someone whisper.

Your heart skipped.

Arthur

"W-What are you doing in here?!" You asked, your heart beat finally stabilizing.

Arthur flicked on the lamp and stood, he took two strides until he was right on top of you. You could feel his breath against your forehead, it was warm but somehow, gave you chills.

"Arthur..." You whispered.

"Shh, don't say anything" He hushed you, placing a finger on your lips gently, he slowly moved it down your neck and across your collar bone, that had been left bare by your oversized work shirt.

"I see the way you look at me" Arthur whispered.

"W-What do you mean...?" you stuttered.

This man was too much.

"Don't try to brush it off as nothing y/n, I know what I see, I see someone who looks at me the same way I look at her" Arthur ran his hand up the back of your neck and through your hair.

You shivered under his touch.

"Arthur I-"

You were cut off by him kissing you, his lips crashed into yours and suddenly you felt your world come to a staggering halt . You wrapped your arms around his neck, kissing back.

The kiss eventually broke, it felt like it lasted minutes.

Arthur pulled back, his hand nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"I erm really hope I was right when I assumed this whole thing" He nervously laughed.

You chuckled.

"Arthur, what the hell did you think all these months of hand brushed and soft glances meant?"

You pulled him back into another kiss, this time you initiated it. You felt so, at home. So perfect.

This, was the beginning of something wonderful, and it had only just begun.

HEYYy guys ! im currently sick but its nothing serious, I hope you enjoy this one

I was proud when I was writing it but if there are typos... you know the drill

LOVE YOUUU thanks for 4k+ reads!!