"A confession in the rain"

Inspired by a song I heard today...

Arthur tossed and turned, his head swirling with thoughts of you. He knew you'd be sleeping right now, that or reading one of your many poetry books. It was 1 a.m, he should have been asleep long ago, but as the night grew into early morning his battle with sleep seemed to be a loosing one.

Thunder sounded and soon a flash of lightning followed.

Great Arthur thought to himself.

This was just another reason to worry about you, he knew you were terrified of storms. Arthur sighed, your house wasn't far out of Valentine, and Horseshoe Overlook, where he and the gang had set up camp, wasn't very far from Valentine neither.

Arthur heaved himself out of his cot, not that he was comfortable anyways. He threw his boots on and set off, towards your house.

You sighed, this storm was terrible and it had only just started pour down the rain, the wind and thunder made terrifying noises, so you stayed, curled up on your sofa as the storm had you stuck in your living room. Sleep was not coming to visit tonight.

Your tired, sleepless mind wondered how Arthur was doing, you loved him so dearly but, he wouldn't change, he was an outlaw. You were a simple poet. You two were opposites, simply not meant for each other, right?

Just then a loud knock sounded from the back door, making your heart stop in its tracks.

Who the hell is that. You thought to yourself as you slowly stood.

You made your way to the door, your hands shaking as you reached for the knob and turned it open.

Standing there, in all the rain and lightning, was a very cold, soaked Arthur Morgan. You gasped, taking a step back, surprised.

"Arthur what are you-"

"Y/n, I-I couldn't stop thinking about you, I was worried about you with the storm and all..." Arthur yelled through the pouring rain.

"So thats all? You just came to check on me?" You asked, deep down you expected something different, maybe the confession you desperately needed, the I love you that you desired.

"No, thats not all" Arthur said, his eyes dropping to the ground nervously.

"I came to tell you that... well Y/n, I love you" Arthur spoke.

Hearing this sent shivers through your body, the loud wind and rain seemed to silence. Was this a dream? Maybe he was drunk.

"And no, im not drunk before you ask, I'm as sober as I've ever been Y/n, I need you" Arthur said, his hair hanging over his eyes, soaked as ever, perfect as ever.

"Arthur..." You started, but stopped as the tears started to pour, much like the rain outside.

Arthur stepped in and grabbed you, pulling you into him tightly, you felt the water on his shirt sink into yours, it didn't matter, this was everything, he was everything.

"Arthur I love you too" You whispered through sobs.

Hope you like this! I really thought this was cute but now that I have written it im not so sure.. my writing isn't all that wonderful lately but I hope you enjoyed reading this :'3

Also typos... not checking because its really late and my brain only likes to come up with good ideas when its late. Love you guys! thank you so much for the support and 6K reads on this book! Goodnight y'all!!