Even the strongest break...

This story is a bit longer and there will be a part two, a few warnings, there is a point here where Arthur says he wants to die, trigger warning for anyone, also there is strong use of alcohol during this story as well. Thank you for reading! sorry this is so long!

Arthur awoke with an aching in his stomach, he felt as though something was wrong. He sat up, rubbing his eyes, remembering what you said.

"It's gonna be alright, I'll be fine, you don't have to worry about anything".

You had left early that morning with Dutch, surprisingly just the two of you.

Arthur got up, slipped his boots on and went out to grab some coffee and await your return. He poured himself some of the warm beverage, and was about to take a sip, thats when he saw Dutch ride back into camp, but he was by himself. Arthur could feel his throat tighten slightly. His chest jolted as if his worries had come true, and something was really wrong.

"Dutch?" he asked, his voice shaking slightly.

"I-I'm sorry son..." was all Dutch said before heading into his tent.

Arthur stood there dumbfounded. You were always here, you were here when no one else was, how could you be gone? How? Arthur's breath hitched as he realized that you were gone, and it was once again, his fault for causing himself to end up alone.

He was confused, his expression changed from confused, to broken. You were always here... and now you were just... gone?

He felt the tears leak from his eyes like a broken faucet. His mind had just wrapped around what had just happened. A single sob escaped his lips, then another, and another, until one came after the other and all he could do was stand there gasping and sobbing. It got louder, and louder, he could feel the camps eyes on him, but he didn't care.

Just then a hand gently grabbed his shoulder and through the sobbing he could make out Hosea's voice.

"Arthur..."

Then as if something snapped, that was all it took for him to break.

Arthur fell to his knees, the shaking worsened.

He started to scream, there were no words, just sad, helpless, screams.

"Hosea!! she-... I" Arthur stopped trying to speak, he screamed, tightly gripping the old mans sleeves and pulling himself into Hosea's shoulder, loudly sobbing.

His sides were heaving now, it took all he could to get air into his lungs, not like he cared about that right now.

One scream after another, until he couldn't hear anything but himself scream, he didn't care if the gang had been watching this, it didn't matter anymore, none of it did. Let them see how much you meant to him, let them see how much he needed you, let them watch as his once strong figure fell onto itself as he broke.

Charles came over and helped Hosea drag Arthur to his tent, where they left him to be alone. He wouldn't let them help anyways.

Arthur drug himself up onto his cot, and huffed himself down, the sobbing started again, he cried until he was too tired to keep his bloodshot eyes open, hours passed until he finally fell asleep.

When he awoke, it was night, he had slept the whole day, hoping that if he slept long enough, when he awoke, it would turn out to be a terrible dream, but when Arthur awoke he realized it was a reality. His face tightened up in sadness once more, the sobs were silent now, he had screamed too much prior.

Once he got enough energy to stand, he wandered out and over to the crate that held the whiskey. Grabbing five or six bottles, he trudged himself back into his tent, thankfully no one seemed to notice.

He downed one, then two, then three, until all six were down his already burning throat. Stumbling out of the tent, he noticed Lenny standing by the crate where the booze had once been.

"L-Lenny where's.. gimme..." he slurred, holding onto Lenny's shoulder for support.

"Arthur you drank it all" Lenny gave him a pitiful look.

Arthur sighed, stumbling over his own feet, "F-Fine I'll just go find S-Sean".

He stumbled over to the Irishman. "Seannnnn gimme some beer would'ya?" Arthur said swaying.

"I don't think thats the best thing for ya right now bud" Sean said trying to get Arthur to sit down.

Arthur pulled away and by doing this, stumbled and fell to the ground, he noticed his journal had fallen out of his pocket when he fell.

Arthur's heart jolted in pain once more when he saw what page is landed on, it was the last page in his journal, a beautiful portrait of you. Thats when the tears started once more, he laid there for a while, silently crying, he couldn't scream like he wanted to.

After he couldn't cry anymore, he looked around to see that no one had even paid attention to him this whole time, he crawled over towards the cliff edge in Horseshoe. Nearing the edge he dangerously dangled his feet over the large space between him and the hard ground below.

They wouldn't notice right? He was just the workhorse, they wouldn't miss him, they would miss his labor. You were the only one who loved him for him. He let out another shaky breath at the thought of how you made him feel...

To be continued...