♢15

Jaemin froze in shock

Jaemin froze in shock. He was overwhelmingly aware of her arms around his waist and resting on his back while her cheek pressed against his chest- the drumming of his heart quickening.

"W-what are you doing?" He managed out in shock, mouth dry and ears thumping with his uneven heartbeat. His mind went blank for a moment, not knowing what to do.

She was hugging him?
Jaemin couldn't remember the last time he had hugged someone- anyone.

Yunhee didn't reply, she still had her eyes closed and the warmth from his body displaced onto her and the beating of his chest lulling her to calmness.

"Get off me." He said, his hands reaching behind him to remove hers and she shook her head, tightening her grip on him.
Jaemin looked down, and all he could see was her sleek soft hair.

What was this he was feeling?
He didn't like it.

"Stop it." He repeated, trying to make his voice sound steadier than it actually was.
"Why?" She voiced eventually.
"Because...I d-don't like it." He stammered out, cursing at himself for the minor slip up.

Yunhee didn't reply to that she only removed her head from his chest to look up at him.
"You know, it's awkward to hug someone when they aren't hugging you back." She smiled up at Jaemin and he swore his heart stopped.

Because he hated her right?
Or was it because- no.
It could never happen- never.

Jaemin scanned the area around him, students gossipped in shock but the faces of N6 made him look back at Yunhee.
"Your frien-"
"I don't care."

Jaemin took a slight breath and lifted his arms up from his side, the soft touch of his hands resting on her upper back as she smiled.

He was hugging her back.

No doubt he was a little awkward and stiff- but she didn't care at all.

Yunhee opened her eyes and immediately made eye contact with a furious looking Donghyuck, then the rest of her friends.
She didn't make a reaction, instead she tore her eyes away from him.
"You know, studies show, hugging someone for more than 20 seconds reduced stress and calms you down."

"Sure." He remarked unconvincingly and Yunhee surpressed a giggle.
"It also creates friendships." She said and Jaemin's breath hitched.

"Friendships?" He asked, his mind creating scenarios in his head and he snapped back to reality and looked down at him hugging her back.
He immediately stepped out of her embrace and cleared his throat.

"I've got to go." He muttered, his feet moving towards the exit.
"Jaemin, wait!"
"Let him go." Donghyuck said, holding her hand back. "You've already done enough."