Promise to be Brave

Reading LOTR: Fellowship and one of my favorite quotes of all time has resurfaced. Firstly, ARAGORN IS AWESOME! Second, 'Not all who wander are lost.' (Tolkien)

Cassandra curled on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate. It was Christmas Eve and outside it had begun to snow. Inside the small house, lights glowed red and green. A fir tree sat in the corner of the room and glass ornaments danced from it's boughs. Everything was cheerful, everything was so happy.

"Focus Cassandra!" A voice growled.

The mug in Cassandra's hand turned cold. Every light bulb flickered off. The glass ornaments fell one by one and shattered on the floor. Even the Christmas tree withered and died.

"Focus!"

Cassandra rose from the couch, blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Everything around her was coming undone. If only she could counter it and regain control over her own mind and her own dreams. Something knocks her from behind and-

She jolts awake on a hospital bed.

I sit next to her, reading the Sunday paper. I turn a page and glance over at her. "Good morning Cassy."

"Next time don't pick Christmas..." She slumps on the pillows and sighs. "It's one of the few good memories I have left."

"I picked nothing...I simply breached your mind's defenses and your subconscious led me to what you held most dear."

"That's cruel." Cassandra's face scrunches up, disgusted.

"That's how Herobrine works when he wants to get a hold of someone." I raise and eyebrow and fold the paper closed. "I'm sorry about all this...you were supposed to be left in peace. It was going to be just a battle between him and me." I rest my head in my hands. "I'm sorry he hurt you."

"I want to see him..." She pulls the thin blankets off and swings her legs over onto the floor.

"Herobrine?"

She hisses and grips the sheets. "Seto...his grave...wherever he is right now." She looks up at me, eyes pleading. "I need to see..."

"Before you do, someone wants to say hello to you." I turn to the door. "Alantis, you may come in now. And bring the others too."

Cassandra's POV

"Yes sir." A muffled voice comes through the door. More muffled voices follow.

"Don't make me do this. If she remembers me we'll have trouble. What am I even doing here?"

"With great difficulty you were captured and Notch said you can avoid a hearing if you make up with Lady Cassandra now."

"Herobrine said we never say sorry to anyone."

"Last I checked, Herobrine was wanted for the murders of over 100 people and much more."

"Doesn't mean I am."

"Hush Night, you'll be fine."

The hospital door swings open soundlessly and two figures enter. An angel girl I can only assume is Alantis and behind her, the Ender hybrid Night. Her I remember. I will always remember those cold days where I felt like I was losing myself.

"Ma'am, I'm Alantis and this is-"

"Yeah we've met." I interrupt coldly.

"Met, we have." Night smiles mockingly, showing slightly pointed teeth. It takes all my willpower to not shrink back. "I see you're enjoying yourself now?"