1.10 | Dumb Minds Think Alike

Margaret Xenakis was a believer of the motto her maternal grandfather had given her when she was young - 'Early to wake, a fortune to make. Early to sleep, a fortune to keep.'

So, she was not all that surprised when she was up at the first chirping of the morning bird.

Quick to get her uniform out she only paused to eye the red and yellow robe lines and tie weirdly for a second as the two things had materialised themselves out of nowhere. Nonetheless, she spread out her uniform on her bed that she had just made without the help of her wand.

The shower gave her a challenge, however, putting up a fight against the Gryffindor girl and not spilling warm water - only ice cold. Angrily, she almost missed the instructions carved into one of the tiles on the wall:

Stand under and think of what you want.

She did so, imagining herself standing under a drizzling lukewarm waterfall, and to her surprise and satisfaction, it materialised out of the ceiling.

After the satisfying shower, Margaret got dressed, leaving her hair open after running a brush through it before looking over herself in the full-length mirror on the wardrobe door that she hadn't seen last night. Then, she proceeded to go through her day's schedule, packing her navy blue shoulder bag with books, parchment, quills and ink.

She did not forget her journal, holding it in her hand because she felt closer to home with it.

With that, Margaret was ready for her first day at Hogwarts. She tried not to feel giddy at the fact that she was actually going to be attending a supposedly fictional school that many in her world would kill to see.

However, the girl knew that her duties here were much more important and given that she had already met most people of whom she had the knowledge of their ends, she understood the severity of this situation well.

When Margaret reached the common room, it was empty. Even the fire had long snuffed out. She had heard some mumbling in some female dorms that she passed on her way but it was all mostly silent.

She found a day old Daily Prophet on one of the tables and picked it up.  Margaret would've been happy at the prospect of reading while having breakfast had it not been for the annoying and completely untrue headline above the front-page article.

Still, she took it with her to the Great Hall, frowning when she was the first one to arrive for breakfast. With nothing better to do, she put her diary on the Gryffindor table and turned her plate over as food started appearing along the length of the long table. 

Margaret buttered a toast and poured herself some coffee, taking a sip before unfolding the newspaper to read it.  A scowl almost instantly graced her features when she caught sight of the article again. Curious as ever, she couldn't help but read it when she saw Harry's nervous self in a moving picture under the heading.

The Lies of the Boy Who Lived

Harry Potter, famous since birth for 'killing' He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named had been receiving a lot less attention lately. Hence, he has come up with another clever idea to gain popularity.
After getting into the Triwizard Tournament last year, illegally, might I add, since he was underage; Harry Potter, son of James and Lily Potter (both deceased) has come up with another lie that almost got him expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

Not only is he saying that You-Know-Who is back and he killed Cedric Diggory, original Hogwarts Champion, but Harry Potter is blurting lies after lies about how he was attacked by Dementors and that was his reason to use his wand in front of muggles.