1.3 | Ancient Bloodline

When she was seven, Margaret and her brother had a treehouse in their backyard.

Once, while playing, she had slipped off the top, fell down a distance of seven feet and landed on the grass below with such force that all breath was knocked out of her. Her brother kept yelling her name and asking if she was okay but she was too shocked by the fact that she could fall from a place she knew like the back of her hand.

That was exactly how she was feeling right now.

She had half expected these people to say 'sike! gotcha!' and reveal that she had actually been kidnapped by a bunch of very nice lunatics, and now they would take her home. But this was much more than that.

Being welcomed to the Wizarding World by Albus too-many-middle-names Dumbledore may have been enough for Margaret to scoff and roll her eyes or just simply burst into a fit of guffaws and tears at the same time because this was seriously playing with one's emotions.

Her eyes went back to the glaring Severus Snape, darting to Remus's scarred face that displayed a kind smile, one that was mirrored on Sirius' face as well; before her gaze was drawn back to the raven-haired bespectacled boy who's eyes widened and he looked away quickly.

Margaret was starting to question her sanity.

"Excuse me?" she says, looking back at Dumbledore.

"It must be very confusing, but you have seen for yourself, that magic can exist. I must say, you have done an exceptionally good job at teaching yourself through the years," Dumbledore speaks, sounding genuine and as wise as ever.

"Magic? I can't do magic," she tells him with disbelief, so sure of the fact. There was a much more logical and scientifical explanation for her powers, or at least she thought there was.

"In a world like that of yours, magic does not exist for most people. But ones with great potential such as yourself, are granted with the powers."

"But... I don't use spells?" she asks unsurely.

"That happens to be another reason for you to come to this world. In no way does that mean that whatever you can do, cannot be counted as magic. As well known as wandless magic is, it is just as difficult to perform," the Headmaster briefs. "That all, however, can be spoken about later. For now, how about we all formally introduce ourselves?"

When she does not say anything else, everyone takes that as a cue to introduce themselves.

Sirius Black introduces himself and Remus again and leaves Snape nameless. Harry Potter avoids the abyss of darkness that is Margaret's eyes when he introduces himself causing Sirius to shoot him a teasing look.

The twins grin mischievously and speak their names together and then each other's so that she couldn't tell the two apart but Margaret resorts to calling them Gred and Forge.

"We like her," they declare in unison.

The witch with bubblegum-pink hair threatened Margaret with a hex if she ever called her Nymphadora, but she was smiling playfully when she said that.

By the time they are done, the telekinetic girl was dizzy by the sudden information. It was beyond her why it had just hit her with full force that she was sitting between real-life witches and wizards that were supposedly fictional characters.

Stuffing her hands under the table so that no one would see the threads of red glow emitting from them, Margaret shifted uncomfortably. A moment of silence passed by and Margaret noticed everyone looking at her expectantly and she realized that she hadn't really introduced herself, they just knew her name - as creepy as that was.