1.30 | The Stranger on the Train

Here were two things that Margaret was very happy about:

She and Ginny were on good terms, and she was going to London today with Tonks to buy Muggle gifts for everyone.

It was last night after returning from St Mungo's that Margaret and Ginny had talked things out.

"You coming?" Ginny asks, pausing halfway up the staircase to turn to Margaret, barely visible in the near darkness of the house this late at night.

"Huh? Oh, er, no you go on," she says, frowning.

"Just so you know," says Ginny rather sternly, "we aren't mad at you."

"You aren't?" she asks dumbly.

"No. I saw how pale Harry looked, we all saw how badly he'd taken it," Ginny says, letting out a small sigh and stepping down a few stairs. "Maybe there was a good reason why they weren't telling him, you know? "

"Ginny... I know what you're thinking," Margaret tells her. "Maybe you should talk to him. If there's anyone who has a reason to reassure him about it, it's you."

"So he is being possessed," Ginny whispers worriedly.

"I didn't say that," Margaret tells her, not unkindly. "What's going on with him is all guesswork."

"So you don't know?"

"I know and I don't," she shrugs, twisting the truth. She knew why there was a connection between Harry and Voldemort, but she did not have the liberty to tell anyone and mess with time. "It's complicated."

Ginny sighed again. "All right... You keep your secrets, Margie."

"Not for long, Ginerva," she tells her, smiling amusedly. "I suppose, my secrets will be everyone's secrets... Some details are often left untold to the masses."

"You sound like Dumbledore," Ginny mutters, rolling her eyes.

"Go on, shoo," she laughs. "Good night."

Margaret had spent some time alone with Buckbeak after that, the hippogriff ruffling his feathers in excitement when he saw her. She bowed to him and he bowed back instantly before digging into the large bowl of fish she had brought him from the kitchen.

Back to this morning, Sirius seemed to be in great spirits.

"OH YE MERRY HIPPOGRIFFS! HIPPOGRIFFS! HIPPOGRI-"

"Shut it! Why in the devil is it so bright?!"

And that was Ginny again.

"I think it's called the light," says Margaret, yawning. She was far too comfortable under the duvets.

"Why are the lights shouting?" Ginny mumbles, snuggling closer to her pillow.

"Nah, that was Sirius."

"Seriously?!"

"Sirius-ly," Margaret laughs. Some puns sounded so much funnier in her head and when she had just woken up. Ginny did not agree judging by the pillow that was thrown at her. It only made her laugh more.

Sirius was knocking on everyone's door at sharp seven, claiming that they had a lot of decorations to do before they had to leave.

The Weasleys were apparently planning on heading to Diagon Alley for Christmas shopping later this afternoon whilst Margaret had plans to go to Muggle London with Tonks. Some gifts they had already ordered, their parcels arriving through owls. Some, however, needed to be collected from the shops in Diagon Alley.

The Christmas decoration commenced once breakfast was over, led by a very excited Sirius. Margaret took to decorating the lounge, as everyone selected a room of their own to decorate. Fred and George - who had been let off by their mother after a strict warning - used their wands to put up baubles, garlands and mistletoe all over the staircase. Mrs Weasley forced them to take down some of the mistletoe as no one wanted to get stuck under one with a family member.