1.35 | Magnet For Trouble

THIRD BREAK-IN AT ST. MUNGO'S IN LESS THAN A MONTH:

COULD THIS BE ANOTHER ONE OF BLACK'S FEATS?

The Auror Office at Ministry of Magic was alerted late last night about a break-in in the Janus Thickey Ward at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. However, upon arriving at the scene, the Auror's found no one other than the dazed patients. The only suspicious object recovered from the scene was an untied and strangely burnt rope. Healer Miriam Strout, in-charge of the Janus Thickey Ward for Permanent Spell-Damage, was not only absent from the scene but was also found asleep way earlier than she usually is, as told by fellow Healers.

"We believe strong Confundus charm was behind this," said a spokeswizard for the hospital. "Healer Strout has been employed at St. Mungo's for twenty-seven years. She has never once slipped from her duty. St. Mungo's deeply regrets this attempt at a break-in and is working tirelessly on putting up extra security measures."

Speaking to reporters in his private office, Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic, said he believed this was another one of Black's feats.

"Sirius Black and his followers are trying to terrorize the Wizarding Community by breaking into one of the safest magical places in London," said Fudge last night. "We believe he simply meant to show how well he can infiltrate past our security but indeed failed in getting out without the alarms going off. The safety of sick witches and wizards is our top priority and I will be personally appointing a team of Aurors for the same.

"We are also placing Frank and Alice Longbottom, permanent residents of the Janus Thickey Ward, former Aurors, and Black's old classmates, in a private room. Black's not well known for his loyalty, after all... We are also doing all we can to round up the criminals and still beg the magical community to remain alert and cautious. On no account should any of these individuals be approached."

"That is mad!" Harry exclaims, snatching The Daily Prophet from Hermione's hands and knocking over a goblet of milk in the process. Scanning the words angrily, he adds, "How could he possibly blame Si-"

"Harry!" Hermione whispers sharply, "You're attracting attention!"

"Calm down, mate," Ron says comfortingly. "We know he didn't do it."

"Don't you tell me to calm down! It says 'Black isn't known for his loyal-'"

"We know, Harry," Hermione interrupts, looking desperate. "But you can't talk about this here. There're too many people!"

"-and what's Neville going to think, then? That Siri- Snuffles-" he changes quickly as Hermione banged her spoon loudly against her plate "-is trying to hurt his parents?! Fudge is mad!"

"Might not want to say that," Margaret mutters to her yoghurt. "Fudge's fanatic is heading this way."

Hermione picked up her bag and got out of the bench. "Come on, Harry."

Ron did the same, picking up Harry's backpack as well. The two of them waited as Harry glared at Umbridge's approaching figure venomously, gripping his fork and knife as though he would like nothing more than to stab them through Fudge's eye sockets. As he could not do so, he slammed them down, got up and stormed out of the Great Hall followed by his two best friends.

Margaret watched them go, feeling incredibly bad.

She did not imagine the blame of her actions falling on Sirius's shoulder when she had teleported to St Mungo's last night. Not only that, she could not talk about this to anyone.