1.51 | Misguiding Memories

GIF above made by: spacepolitics Thank you so much!!!

-x-

HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED RETURNS

Dumbledore, Potter Vindicated

Minister Fudge, to Resign?

Hogwarts High Inquisitor Umbridge Suspended

Albus Dumbledore Reinstated as Hogwarts Headmaster

These were a few of the headlines on the Sunday's Prophet which Margaret was reading on the last evening of the term.

It was quite a celebratory mood when she had got back. Margaret was happy to see that Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Ginny and Neville were completely all right. She was told that Ginny's ankle had been mended in a trice by Madam Pomfrey while Neville's nose had been returned to its normal size and shape.

Harry seemed to be in good spirits though Margaret noticed him zoning out into his own world once in a while. The weight he suddenly felt on his shoulders was understandable; she knew now that Dumbledore had told him about Trelawney's prophecy.

Margaret herself had been called to the Headmaster's office before the end-of-term feast. Dumbledore wanted to speak to her and let her know of the things that had happened in her absence, most of which she already knew from Sirius. Margaret, on the other hand, told the Headmaster everything that she somehow knew about dimensional travelling.

It felt absurd saying that she had suddenly woken up with the knowledge about dimensional travelling and versions of realities until Dumbledore told her that he 'had an inkling' regarding what she was talking about...

At last, as much as she enjoyed basking in the relief of Sirius being alive, Margaret knew there was one last important thing she had to do before the year ended. And so, before she left the Headmaster's office, she asked him to teach her something...

"Professor, is there a spell to store memories?"

-x-

The journey home on Hogwarts Express was due to start at 7:30 AM sharp.

At 7:15 AM, Margaret was one of the last people to leave the dorms, forced to take a trip to the hospital wing earlier that morning for having cut her thumb accidentally.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to me," Harry was saying to Hermione, Ron, Neville, Ginny and Luna as they walk up to the Hogsmeade platform.

"What's that?" asks Hermione.

"That even though we've got a fight ahead of us, we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have," Harry replies.

"Noses?" Margaret offers as she catches up to them, causing the group to laugh.

Harry chuckled, "That; and something worth fighting for."

"Got that right, Potter," she says, smiling back as they boarded the train.

"How'd you hurt your hand again, Margie?" asks Ginny, coming up next to her.

"Oh, y'know, I'm still not used to trunks," she lies smoothly. "Cut it on a sharp edge."

It was necessary that she had to break the mirror Sirius had given Harry – she just had not expected to get hurt by it. Nevertheless, she took it with her, planning on taking its twin from Sirius in order to put them in the right place at the right time.