1.27 | Up To No Good

This chapter is dedicated to Ninjagirl64 and ObssiveFangirl99

-x-

Remus Lupin had expected a lot of things and most of them included trying to get Sirius out of bed as usual and get him to eat something that was not bread. What he had not expected was to be welcomed into Grimmauld Place with confetti that burst out of the ceiling with fart noises, pumpkins enchanted to grin like the Cheshire cat, and levitating skull-shaped candles that puffed out smoke.

Margaret could not help but grin as Remus opened and closed his mouth, apparently bewildered and speechless.

"We thought we'd welcome you with a bang," says Sirius, grinning. "This is the bang!" He gestures at the impromptu decorations.

"You don't say?" Remus asks rhetorically, raising a brow. Brushing some confetti off his shoulders, he adds, "Should I even ask?"

"Nope," Sirius replies, eyeing the carry-bag in Remus's hand. "Is that-?"

"I brought lunch," Remus interrupts, smiling when Sirius snatches the bag out of his hand.

"Oh, mine." Sirius rummaged through the bag as he turned around and made his to the dining room, motioning them to follow him. "You brought pumpkin pie?!"

Remus shook his head at his friend's antics, turning to look at Margaret enquiringly. "Don't you have school?"

"Day off for Halloween," Margaret shrugs. "It's a long story but I learned how to teleport and Dumbledore thought I should try and see how far I can go; so, here I am."

"Teleport?" asks Remus.

"It's like Apparating, I suppose," Margaret tells him as they enter the kitchen which also had the floating skull candles and pumpkins. "But I'd say it's a bit different. I don't know the limits of my pow- well, magic, yet."

"It's also her birthday," Sirius informs, levitating three plates out of the cabinet.

"...and there's that too," Margaret mutters.

"Well, happy birthday to you, Margaret," Remus wishes, smiling kindly, and suddenly Margaret did not mind that Sirius had told him. "By the way," Remus continues, "did you know your eyebrows are yellow?"

Margaret's eyes widened as her hands reached up to cover her brows. "Wha-? Oh heck no-!"

"Lime yellow, Moony," Sirius says, looking up. "Lime yellow."

Remus chuckled, already knowing very well what could have happened for her to end up with such a punk style.

"You should be very careful if you're going to play Exploding Snap with Sirius," he tells her jokingly, taking out his wand. "Here, let me get that for you."

Margaret reluctantly uncovered her forehead. A split second later, her brows grew slightly warm. She waited a moment before she turned around, picked up a nearby silver goblet and immediately sighed in relief to find her eyebrows restored the way they were supposed to be.

"Thanks, Moony," she says before turning to Sirius with a glare. "You would've let me go back to school like that?"

"I thought it suited you!"

Lunch was a fun affair. Margaret would even say that the day was turning out to be better than she had expected, as all she had planned to do was sulk in her bed, hating the day she was born until she had no choice but to get up. Markus was not mentioned again, neither were James and Lily.