1.36 | Predating Her Time

You know that feeling you have been out on a sunny day and finally feel a cool breeze, even if the sweat lingers? That feeling of cold water you as you drink it, even if you get hiccups after? Getting into bed after a long day and feeling your muscles relax, even if the stress remains?

Margaret's anger was much like that.

She had a tendency to get angry very easily; however, it would fade just as quickly. Even if she tended to hold grudges. She still wanted to get back at Fred and George, but she wasn't mad at them.

Margaret knew they just wanted to cheer her up. And despite their odd manners, it had worked. She was so tired that her mind didn't even have enough energy to make up another nightmare.

By next morning, Margaret had nearly forgotten about the events of the previous day. The consequences of which were yet to come, but alas it was no longer in her control. She had no time to ponder. She had a job to do, and she could not let her focus get diverted elsewhere.

That was possible until two identical spawns of devil walked into the common room with bright yellow hair that made them look nearly unrecognisable.

"AH- What in the world is that?!"

Ginny's shout gained the attention of the surrounding students, many of who burst out laughing.

"Wha-? Oh, you didn't..." Margaret says slowly, looking up from the textbook she and Hermione were reading. She could not tell them apart, weirdly enough. "Is it just me or do you both look identical?"

Fred and George paused, perplexed.

"More so than usual," she adds.

"What are you doing?!" Ginny exclaims, sounding way too much like her mother. "Why are you doing it? Do I want to know?"

They squeezed into seats next to Harry and Ron on the couch. The former looked quite amused over the happenings. Whatever they were doing, it was taking any and all attention completely off him. It was a great feeling and, albeit a little selfishly, he did not mind.

"We're making it up to you," they say in unison, looking at Margaret cheekily.

"By... being a Hufflepuff mascot," she deadpans.

"No," they say. "It'll change through the day."

They tapped their wands on each other's heads with silly grins on their faces and the colours turned a very bright purple.

Margaret blinked, pursing her lips to suppress her laugh and failing. This was going to be interesting...

-x-

When she next saw Fred, it was during lunch and he was a brunet. Sometime during the morning classes, the charm must have gone haywire because George was stuck with a Smurf blue.

"It's still on?" she asks as she and Hermione arrive, taking a seat in front of them. "I've forgiven you, in case you're still wondering."

"Appreciate it, Margie," utters George, slightly disgruntled. "But we can't get it off."

"What d'you mean?" asks Margaret.

While Hermione shot them a look of disapproval; "And just how many detentions have you received so far?"

"We've got to wait until it wears off," says Fred, serving himself some rice, apparently not as moody as his twin. "And to answer your question, Granger; no more than we haven't before."

"Well, at least I can tell you apart again," Margaret mutters to herself, glancing up as Ron and Harry arrive. "Where were you two?"

"McGonagall's office," answers Harry. "She's given Ron extended time to finish his homework, with the upcoming Quidditch match..."