12 | heartbreak

Yeji~

Yeji~

"So you slept at Jisoo's place? Did you two do anything?" I took a bag of chips and slowly opened it. Very satisfying.

"No way; she was drunk," Yeonjun sat back on his couch and stared at me. "I heard you slept at Soobin's place- did anything happen between you two?"

"No, he was heartbroken."

There was an awkward silence between us two, when I suddenly then broke it. I sat close to him so that we could both share the chips- initially, I was gonna eat all of it by myself.

"Do we look pathetic running after people who don't feel the same way about us?" Yeonjun asked which got me thinking. He's right- up to what extent is enough?

"It's not like we can stop it. If it fades, it fades. If it stays... well then, we just gotta endure the consequences." I looked at him and suddenly felt a deep sense of longing. Longing of love that feels good.

"Do you want to do something?" He stared at me with a soft gaze. I wrapped my legs around his waist, then lowered my face until it touched his.

We kissed with a great sense of passion, regret and lost hope. I felt it in my heart that it hurt.

I began to taste tears which Yeonjun cried ever so quietly. The atmosphere felt so heavy, but my mind was at ease.

I'm at my safe place.

"Jisoo."

"Yeonjun."

__________________________

Yeonjun~

Yeji decided to spend the night at my place, and I let her. After our small make out session, she immediately fell asleep on my bed.

I stared at her and began to think of what she said earlier. The consequences...

Why did she call out my name instead of Soobin's?

I mean, it could have been a mistake- maybe she was just caught up in the moment and forgot to correct herself. However, the connection between us earlier was unlike any other day. She kissed me so much differently.

I don't wanna make assumptions.

I don't wanna hurt her because she means so much to me.

"Yeonjun..." Yeji mumbled under her breath. She's deeply asleep. She suddenly wrapped her arms around my torso, and her head rest against my chest.

My heart started beating rapidly, and I didn't know what to do. I closed my eyes- hoping to fall asleep, but it's impossible.

My eyes shot open once again, and I ended up studying her face. Her small face, plump lips, sharp eyes...

"You're so beautiful." I whispered.

___________________________

Yeji~

I woke up the next day and noticed Yeonjun sleeping soundly. He looks like an angel when he's sleeping...

I tried to get up, but was immediately pulled back down by him. He rested his head on my shoulders and pretended to sleep again. What is this boy trying to do?

"I'll cook breakfast." I told him, and he suddenly kissed the back of my head.

"Stay a couple more minutes." He muttered in a raspy morning voice.

I awkwardly laid there with my eyes wide open, while Yeonjun's arms tightened around me. I felt my heartbeat slowly quickening, but I decided to just ignore it.

What happened to Soobin and I the other night? Nothing, really- and it wasn't my intention to take advantage of the moment; I simply just wanted to comfort him.

That's exactly what happened.

We spent the whole night talking and crying... then I got to sleep in one of their guest rooms. The next day, he dropped me back home.

I realized how much he likes her, and it made me think to myself... should I give up? Is it even worth it?

It's not that I want to use Yeonjun as a rebound- but when I come to think of it, isn't that what we've been doing since the beginning? We're each other's rebounds.

I would also be lying to myself if I say that I have no feelings towards him...

His warmth, the comfort he gives me, the way he knows how to make me feel good... maybe I love it.

"What are you thinking of?" Yeonjun suddenly asked.

"You."

___________________________

I'VE ONLY BEEN GETTING LIKE THREE TO FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP LATELY BC OF SCHOOL HUHUH AND MY GRADES ARE STILL BAD WHAT IS THIS:'((((

Song: Kim Woosung (김우성) — Lonely (외로워)