48 | me & you

Yeji~

Yeji~

"You're overworking yourself." Yeonjun began massaging my shoulders, and I just felt so relieved. I've been working on a project all day and my back has been hurting like hell.

"It's due in two days. I don't have time to slack off, and the measurements have to be precise." I showed him what I've drawn so far and he smiled.

"It's really good. Once we've graduated and are married, I want you to design our home. I want it to look exactly like this." He complimented which actually helped boost up my confidence.

"You're a smooth talker." I shook my head and continued making adjustments to my design. I don't really have a plan- it usually just comes up while I'm actually drawing.

"Can you take at least a ten minute break? You've been doing this all day, I'm starting to get jealous of your pencil." He pouted with his hands on his waist. He's so petty, but I love him anyways.

"Okay, but only ten minutes." I wrapped my arm around his neck, and we fell on our bed.

Yes, we live together.

It's an apartment near both of our universities, since they're just right beside each other. We both pay for rent and currently have part time jobs outside of school. I work at a local boutique, while Yeonjun does math, chemistry and physics tutoring- sometimes even to large study groups, where he tends to earn lots of money from. Our time management is pretty well set, and we make sure to still have extra time for each other. It took us a while to make up a schedule that's right for the both of us, but it all worked out in the end.

"I love you." Yeonjun began kissing me softly, hovering his body over mine.

"I love you too." I bit his bottom lip and he smirked.

"Ten minutes, huh? We just gotta do it really fast."

___________________________

Yeonjun~

"Take your girl out on a little ride. She needs to see how skilled you are." My professor patted my back as we looked at my log hours. I have a few more flight hours to go, and then I'd earn my pilot certificate.

I'm so close to reaching my dream.

"I will, sir. Can I use the Enstrom F-28?" I asked him while thinking of which helicopter to use. It's my favourite one to fly since it's so light.

"For sure! Just check out the fuel system first, in case it's empty. Stay safe and have fun." He gave me the key and I nodded.

The sky is pretty clear today; extremely perfect for flying. I decided to just walk to Yeji's university, since it's only like fifteen minutes away. I put on my AirPods and listened to some bops while quickening my pace.

A cute café suddenly caught my eye, making me stop on the spot. I read the menu from the board outside and was quite curious about the taste.

"Can I have two eclairs? Also, one Iced Americano and a strawberry smoothie." I ordered at the counter and they handed me a buzzer. A few minutes later, the food's ready and I continued walking towards my girlfriend's class while drinking coffee.

Her friends immediately saw me once I came in the door, staying quiet so I could surprise Yeji. I stood behind her, completely being ignored since she's so focused on drawing.

"I came to pick you up." I finally blurted and she just nodded.

"Okay, I'll just hand this to my professor." She stood up and walked over to him. Wow- she wasn't even surprised.

He examined Yeji's design which she worked so hard on, checking small key details such as safety and aesthetics. Her eyes twinkled in excitement as he complimented her work, receiving an A+ on it and maintaining her perfect grade.

"Congratulations, you deserve it!" I cupped her cheeks and placed a quick peck on her lips. She stared at the box on her desk, along with the smoothie.

"You bought me food? Thanks!" Yeji opened it and took a small bite out of the eclair. She smiled and let me try it too, and it honestly tastes very good. They've just earned a new loyal customer.

"I'm gonna take you on a helicopter ride today. How does that sound?" I mentioned and she suddenly choked on her food, so I let her drink some of the smoothie while patting her back.

"That sounds amazing. Don't kill me though! I still want to make a big family with you."

__________________________

Yeji~

Yeonjun placed the headset on me before getting onto his seat. He gave me a quick kiss prior to buckling our seatbelts and turning on the engine.

"This is it. Prepare for takeoff." He said a few other words and information through the small microphone, sharing responses with some guy.

He made a few rounds before the helicopter began to elevate. Yeonjun got the air going, and it started to go up even further.

The atmosphere's just absolutely perfect. From here you can see Los Angeles, our school, the apartment. All of this which we've once only dreamt of. It's now turned into reality.

Our reality.

"How's the view?" He stared at me with the sweetest look in his eyes.

"Breathtakingly beautiful." I honestly told him. I just can't believe this is all real.

A few minutes later, we landed on a cliff that overlooks a different scenery as to earlier. Instead of the busy city, it's all nature and calmness. On top of that, the sun is starting to set.

"I've always wanted to take you here." Yeonjun helped me out of the helicopter. We both sat on the edge of the cliff, our legs hanging above earth.

"I'm glad you took me here." I laid my head on his shoulders and closed my eyes.

At this moment, I knew I've found the one.

The only one that could take my loneliness away and make me happy.

[THE END]

__________________________

KEEP READING ->

Song: McKay (맥케이) — Angel 2 Me (Duet. Jeff Bernat)