38 | endeavours

Yeji~

Yeji~

"Stop crying! Yeonjun might just grow concerned of you if he sees your eyes swollen. Do you want him to be even more burdened?" Jisoo tried to get me out of bed, but I'm too weak.

"It's so sudden. He's just been in university for like two semesters- couldn't he wait longer? Two years without him..." I felt like bawling once again.

"Come on, didn't he promise to FaceTime you everyday? Be patient- once he comes back here, he'll take you on dates in his private helicopter!" Jisoo squealed. Says the one who cries whenever she can't see Soobin for two days...

"I'm gonna go to his dorm right now." I finally stood up and ran to his place. Once I got there, I suddenly regretted my decisions and hesitated to knock.

"You're taking so long." Soobin shook his head. He opened the door with his keys and mentioned me to come in.

"Yeonjun~ie!" I screamed and jumped on him. He stared at me in confusion. "You're gonna leave tonight... please spend your last hours here with me."

The other guys just laughed at my pettiness, but Yeonjun remained silent. He lowered his head and kissed me passionately, making everyone gag.

"Alright. Where do you wanna go?" He played with my hair, giving me his full attention.

"Let's go to the rooftop of our old high school."

___________________________

Yeonjun~

We met some of our old teachers, and I told them about the great news. They congratulated me and wished me luck on my future endeavours.

I received lots of looks from teenage girls at the canteen, which seemed to have kinda pissed Yeji off. We quickly bought lunch and went up the school's rooftop. Of course it's closed, but we still went in anyways.

"You're actually gonna study in America for two years... I should get a job soon and fly there sometimes." She pouted while eating her food. Yeji's appetite seems to be very small today.

"You don't have to do that. It's not like I'll replace you or anything- if you trust me, I promise nothing will go wrong." I pulled her into my arms and we stayed like that for a long time. She covered my sleeves in tears, which really broke my heart.

"I'll work very hard so I get a scholarship too. I'm gonna study architecture." She mentioned, which surprised me. She finally found her passion.

"I'll support you with whatever you wanna do," I pecked her forehead. "Don't cry anymore. It makes me feel like shit."

"Okay, I won't." Yeji tried to hold her tears back, until a plane suddenly flew over our heads. She cried even more after a few minutes.

"I love you so much. Don't worry about me anymore."

____________________________

Yeji~

"Can you two take care of her for me while I'm gone?" Yeonjun asked Jisoo and Soobin, in which they enthusiastically nodded.

"Of course we will. If she ever does something bad, we'll tell you." Soobin glared at me while patting his back.

"Have a safe flight, buddy." Jisoo hugged Yeonjun while handing him a bag full of snacks, which her and Soobin prepared.

"Text me once you get there. I love you." I kissed him one last time before letting him go. I told myself I wasn't gonna cry anymore...

"Goodbye, guys."

It feels so empty already.

Watching him disappear from my sight... it's not an easy task. I've grown very close and dependent on him, which in many ways changed me. I'm not sure how I'll function when he's not here anymore, or whenever I feel upset and we'll just cuddle without saying a single word.

"Hey, Yeji. Let's go?" Jisoo clung her arms around my shoulders, and Soobin suggested to eat out at my favourite restaurant.

I'm so lucky to have friends like them.

___________________________

Yall I'm so upset rn bc of the possibility that my ATEEZ concert/trip might be cancelled:( but safety is what matters most so if it does happen, it's alright.

Song: VERIVERY (베리베리) — Moment