13 | confession

Yeonjun~

Yeonjun~

"After midterms, let's confess to them." I confidently told Yeji.

"That's not a good idea... he's not looking for anyone else. Soobin's gonna kill you if you take his girl." She warned me.

"I could care less about him," I clicked my tongue. "Why? Don't you wanna be with him? You've been in love with him for like the longest time."

"I don't even know what I feel about him right now... a part of me just wants to stop. I don't wanna like him anymore." Yeji looked down, feeling hopeless.

"Then confess either way. The best way to get rid of your lingering feelings is through confession. If you don't do it, you'll always have the what if thoughts." I told her, sounding like a love expert.

"It's harder than it sounds... but I guess I'll try," She suddenly hugged me from behind. "I don't feel so confident right now."

"Alright... we can wait." I turned back and held her comfortably. Yeji stared into my eyes for a while, before tears suddenly began to fall.

"I'm so confused... I don't even know what I truly feel anymore," She cried on my chest. "Yeonjun, it's all your fault."

__________________________

Yeji~

I quickly finished up my mathematics test for this semester. It wasn't too hard except the questions on advanced trigonometry. Damn, my head felt like it was going to explode- especially since I almost forgot the unit circle.

My heartbeat started to quicken as I got out of the exam room... I asked Soobin to meet me at the park after, and he agreed. Once I arrived, he's already there playing on his phone.

Just like Yeonjun and I talked about, I'm going to confess to Soobin. Not for the sake of being with him, but to finally move on. I already know that I'll get rejected.

"Sorry, I took so long..." I apologized as I sat on the swing beside him.

"No, that's totally fine! I don't want you to rush your exam or anything. Plus, I didn't wait too long either- I just finished also." He smiled, revealing his deep dimples. Ah shit, that's what got me falling for him.

I began to feel extremely nervous.

"How was it?" I don't know when to suddenly bring the topic up.

"It was fine. Last year's midterm was definitely harder- surprisingly, since junior year is considered to be torture year." He stated.

"I agree," I laughed along with him. "Soobin... I have something to tell you."

"Huh? Go ahead." He gave his full attention to me, and that's when I knew there's no turning back.

"I like you... I have for a long time," I accidentally met eyes with him, which I immediately regretted. "I-I mean, I'm not saying this to you because I'm desperate to date. I don't expect you to like me back, but to just let you know."

"I like you too... but in a friend type of way," Damn it Soobin. Well at least he considers me as a friend, right? "You're a kind person, and I know there's someone out there for you. I can't just easily let go of my feelings for Jisoo..."

"I know that," I patted his head. "I hope one day you find someone who loves you just as much as you love her... you deserve the best in this world."

I went by to Yeonjun's place after confessing to Soobin, like we instructed.

If midnight comes and he's still not home yet, then it could only mean one thing.

__________________________

Yeonjun~

"I like you too. I always have." Jisoo said after my confession. There's no sincerity in her voice, just lust.

It's stupid how I don't mind.

I've gotten so low, up to the point where I don't even care if she uses me anymore.

"Can we be together?" I uttered softly and she nodded.

___________________________

If you were to write the next parts of this story, what would you like to happen next?

Kinda curious🤭

Song: OFFONOFF (오프온오프) — Bath