26 | on my mind

Yeonjun~

Yeonjun~

It felt nice to finally get it off my chest. I've been wanting to tell her for quite a while now, but I was just looking for the right time. After realizing how she thinks I'm just using her, I wanted to tell her the truth.

It's been a while since I've liked someone, and having no other thoughts than just being with that person. Yeji made me know that it's possible, and she's totally right.

"How could you not know? I literally make it so obvious that I like you back. Why would I date you then?" I teased Yeji while we walked down the port in Ansan.

"You flirt with me all the time. How would I know?" She rolled her eyes. I mean, she's totally right.

We watched the waves grow and the seagulls fly everywhere. It's nice to go on morning walks like these- it's actually very therapeutic.

"It's our last year of high school. Senior stress is about to hit us really soon," I hugged her from behind, making her all flustered. "We're gonna be very busy."

"We can study together, and you'll have to call me out so that I don't procrastinate... we can also spend this whole summer together." She suggested.

"I'd love that." I rest my chin on top of her head. She's so much smaller than me and it's extremely adorable.

We finished our morning walk, and went to a nearby restaurant where I used to go to all the time... whenever I sneaked out. I haven't been here in about five years, but everything still remained the same. I felt very at home.

"Yeonjun~ie? Is that you?" The restaurant owner welcomed me. She's always made me food since I was little, so she almost felt like family to me.

"Yes, it is! Your favourite costumer." I joked around to further lighten up the mood. She made us sit at the best spot, overlooking the ocean and porch.

"You've gotten so big now and became even more handsome!" she complimented me. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"Yes, she is." I chucked saying that. I've never brought anyone home to my province, especially letting them meet my relatives and close people.

"I'll make it extra special then! You two will have to come back here someday. When you two have kids, I'll make them Yeonjun's favourite dish." She handed over the menu, while fondly smiling at us.

"I'll have that then." I smiled. I asked Yeji, but she just wanted the same thing. The restaurant auntie asked us to pick more food, and that the bill is on her.

After a while, the dishes came out and our tummies grumbled. They smell and look absolutely fantastic- my mouth is starting to water. Soft tofu stew, haemul pajeon (seafood pancake), and galbi (ribs). Along came the best side dish; potato, cucumber and kimchi.

We payed our respects to the food, and immediately dove in. The slurping sounds were very satisfying, as a sign that we devoured them greatly. The stew will always be my favourite, but everything else still tastes divine.

"I feel so bloated." Yeji sat back on the chair while looking out the window.

"Should we go on a walk?" I asked and her face lit up. I thanked the auntie for her amazing food, and she told us to come back anytime. I felt heavy as well... but I still want ice cream in this hot weather.

"Let's get ice cream!" She jumped up and down, like she read my mind. We walked hand-in-hand, all the way to the ice cream shop. I chose mint chocolate and earned a bad look from Yeji. She hates it.

"Stop judging, you literally eat vanilla. That's so plain." I scoffed while enjoying my mint chocolate ice cream.

"Tastes like toothpaste. At least this tastes like creamy milk." She opposed.

"Whatever! This is the best flavour- I rest my case, m'am." I winked and she cringed. Yeji continued calling the flavour disgusting.

"Time to get to know each other even more."

____________________________

Since tomorrow/today should be filled with love, here's an extra chapter from me to you!!!

Also, maybe I want to end off the week tmrw with a Soobin focused chapter... :))))

Song: £.vıewƶ (이뷰즈) — One Summer Night (feat. Xydo) (prod. by Y'z Wise)