25 | paranoid

Yeji~

Yeji~

"My son! You're home." Yeonjun's mom embraced him very tightly. She's super beautiful, he resembles her very much.

"What have you been up to?" His father patted him on the shoulders, and he just laughed. "I'm starving. Have the cooks made something?"

"I'm pretty sure," Yeonjun replied. He suddenly held my hand and walked me over to his parents. "This is my girlfriend, Kim Yeji. I wanted her to meet you two."

"Nice to meet you!" I bowed down, and they both just stared at me in confusion. I suddenly felt conscious of myself... what if they hate me?

"You're so pretty. I miss being young and beautiful," His mom smiled while touching my hair. She's so angelic, elegant and sophisticated- I aspire to become like her one day. "Let's have dinner!"

We sat around the dining table, and the cooks soon came in and presented their well-plated dishes. The food looks perfect and smells so good, I'm also starving already.

"Tell us about yourself." His dad suddenly brought up.

"I'm Yeonjun's classmate, and we've been close friends since middle school. My mom is a nurse, and my father already passed away. I'm also studying sciences... there's not much about me. However, I do like Yeonjun very much." I felt so awkward telling them all those things. Is that what Yeonjun feels whenever my mom teases us?

"You're gonna be very successful, I can already tell. Please take care of our son- he could be a handful sometimes!" His mom told me to eat up, and I did. I definitely thought they were gonna hate me, like those rich parents in K-dramas who'll pay the girl to leave their son. I was so wrong- they're the nicest, most humble people ever. I now see where Yeonjun gets it from.

"Next time, it'll be nice if we can meet your mom. You're now part of our family." His dad mentioned and I felt so in awe. I literally just hit the jackpot, didn't I?

We finished up our food, and Yeonjun excused ourselves so we could have some alone time. We went inside his bedroom, and it's huge. Despite him not being here too often, the place is squeaky clean.

"What do think of my parents?" Yeonjun cupped my face and planted soft kisses allover.

"They're so kind. I can't wait til' they meet my mom!" I hugged him and we fell on his bed.

Honestly, I have no idea what Yeonjun truly feels about me.

I'm not sure whether he's just forcing himself to like me, or maybe he just wants that physical connection between us again. Yes we're dating, but it doesn't mean both our feelings add up evenly. Maybe if I leave one day, he wouldn't mind. However, if it's the other way around... I'd lose myself.

"I love you." I told him and he nodded.

He doesn't reply.

I laid my head on his chest and heard his rapidly beating heart. Why won't you let me read you, Yeonjun? You're confusing the hell out of me.

"You're so important to me, Yeji..." he started. It sounds like a breakup message, and I'm not mentally ready. "I've-"

"Don't break up with me yet. I'll try harder!" I held him tighter and he just laughed.

"I've always had feelings for you even back then, but it took me so long to realize." He pecked my forehead and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"You're serious? Don't play around! I'm not kidding." I had tears in my eyes from immense happiness, but at the same time I'm scared... he might just be saying that.

I'm so paranoid, ain't I?

"Thanks for everything, Yeji. It wasn't hard to love you at all- I couldn't find any flaws when it came to you." He stared deep into my eyes and I became breathless.

"Yeonjun..." I didn't know what to say or do. He just confessed his feelings to me? I've imagined this scene in different scenarios many times. Now that it's actually happening, my mind is a complete blur.

"I love you too." He mumbled.

___________________________

TO ANYONE CELEBRATING VALENTINES WITH THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TMRW, HAVE FUN!!! To those who aren't, it's amazing to be single pls embrace it;)

Song: Vincent Blue — Slow Down (천천히 할래) (Prod.플라이트티켓)