21 | bittersweet

Yeji~

Yeji~

I heard knocks on the door, sighing while getting up, already knowing that it's Soobin since he comes over during the most inconvenient times.

"What do you want-" I was startled after seeing that it's Yeonjun. "Why are you..."

"She broke up with me..." He said which brought my hopes up a little, but I tried to contain my emotions. Not now, Yeji- you shouldn't feel happy about this. "Get that smile off your face."

"Oh shit, I'm sorry!" I took a breath and regained back my sympathy, kinda.

"I honestly don't feel too bad, it's really weird..." He smiled and invaded my home. Yeonjun lied down on my bed and closed his eyes.

"I felt the same way with Soobin. He asked me out a couple of times, but I kept rejecting him. It's a strange feeling of confusion, fear and hopelessness when you know that person's not actually into you. At the end of the day, you just don't want to be crushed and used."

"Is that what you feel about me? I know that's definitely not for Soobin." He immediately caught on. I cleared my throat and lied down beside him.

"Maybe." I tried sleeping in the opposite direction, but he made me face him.

"The video has spread... I'm sorry that had to happen to you." Yeonjun genuinely apologized.

"Since when did I care what other people think? As long as you're not special to me, it doesn't matter. They can think whatever they'd like." I sighed deeply.

"I'll try loving you too." His breathing hitched as he told me those words.

"You don't have to. I'm good enough, just like this. I don't want to force you into anything." I told him honestly but he insisted.

"It's not like I completely don't have any feelings for you... if I didn't like you, I would have never cheated on Jisoo. I'm getting mixed feelings too," he cupped my face with his hands. "We can take it slow."

"This is way too sudden." I couldn't comprehend what I was hearing. He literally just broke up with Jisoo hours ago... does this boy not know what being single is?

"Do you wanna be fuck buddies again? I think we got closer because of that. When we're both ready, we can then be together." He made a sudden suggestion.

"I mean... I don't hate the idea. Why are you always so horny?" I shook my head.

"You're like that too. We balance each other well." Yeonjun winked at me and I cringed. I missed playing around with him like this...

"It's like you didn't go through a breakup today. You're so energetic." I stated and he laughed out loud.

"Well, Jisoo and I's relationship was kinda like a joke. It deserves a good laugh." He tried smiling to himself.

"I don't want you to feel sad. You can cry to me if you want... you should already know that I won't judge you. You can be yourself when you're with me." I reassured him and he nodded.

"It's bittersweet. I feel like I could finally breathe after holding my breath for a long time, but then there's side effects making my chest burn. It's temporary. I know it'll go away just as quickly as Jisoo's interest in me." Yeonjun kept making bitter jokes, which actually made us both laugh.

"That's a good one." I pretended to hit the drums. That joke goes both ways- just like Soobin to me.

___________________________

Yeonjun~

"Does it hurt a lot?" I helped Yeji up to her apartment. It's hard when there's no elevator and only stairs.

"Yeah... it's still very strained." She gritted her teeth, trying to hold back the pain. I crouched down and told her to get on my back. She's very light.

We finally got to her place and her mom opened the door. I haven't seen her in a long time, so it felt kinda awkward. She just stared at me in amazement.

"You grew up so much, Yeonjun! Come in. I made so many streamed pork buns- you should come join us for dinner." She pulled me inside, Yeji still hanging on my back. I slowly put her down and she thanked me.

"How does your mom know how to make pork buns?" I watched as they steamed each piece.

"She lived in Taiwan for ten years. That's where she met my late father," Yeji smiled while looking at a picture on the wall. "They were each other's first love."

___________________________

CONTINUE READING FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE ->

Song: CIX (씨아이엑스) — What You Wanted