☆2☆

I didn't want to have a death that was as meaningless as my life.

The cold and heavy feeling of the lake water suddenly subsided to a void of darkness. People were always saying that at the end of life you'd see a bright white light but for me it must have been this black whole of nothing.
No.. there was something else there. A speck of light in the darkness! It was like bright star expanded appeared right infront of my body and pulled me in like a raging rapid.
The sensation of water was different there, I had never experienced a feeling like this.

In the next moment I broke through another water surface and my lungs filled with the warm air so drastically that it hurt. My whole body was shaking, I was vomiting water and at the same time I was still feeling like he was still suffocating.
What had just happend?! I thought of a hundred ways he could have survived this but nothing made any sense.

After regaining my breath, I was finally able to open my eyes and adjust to the sunlight.
That's when reality hit me and I started laughing at my own delusion. Of course I wasn't alive... or else I wouldn't be standing in this large ancient looking hot spring.
I grinned at myself when I realised I was wearing commoner clothing like portrayed in one of those history books. Additionally, this bathing area was filled with beautiful flowers and it was positioned right next to an open building with stairs leading to its perfectly polished floor. The setting red sun was painting the whole area in beautiful colors of red and orange and opposite to the air in Seoul, it felt clear and refreshing.

"So this really is heaven, huh?" I closed my eyes and reached out my arms to both sides before turning around to inspect what was behind me.
That was the moment when I realized that I wasn't alone.
6 women were sitting in there... each of them naked and covering their front in total horror. It wasn't like I didn't see a naked woman before but it still left me in shock.
What was this? They surely didn't reward me in heaven by giving him beautiful women although I was gay, right?

And also... why did they seem to be scared of me? Was this a test?
After having stared for too long one of the girls started screaming so I quickly covered my eyes with my hands and tried to calm them down somehow.

"I- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to look! I don't even know how I got in here!" I tried defending myself with the truth but either way I ended up becoming the target of an intimidating soldier that suddenly showed up from the inside of the building.

"HEY YOU! HOW DARE YOU INVADING THE ROYAL LADYS BATH?!" His deep and threatening voice made me tremble in fear when he approached rapidly with his sword pointing right at me.
There was nothing to think about now. I needed to run... no matter if this was heaven or hell, I didn't want to be sliced apart by a soldier of ancient times.

Excusing myself once again I stumbled past the ladies and jumped over a few rocks that were shielding the hot spring from the outside view. Close by there was a large forest that seemed to be surrounding the whole area. Where the hell was I!? Was this really the afterlife? How come I felt exhaustion and pain from hitting my ellbow on a rock then?

However, I was not given time to think about that now because if I didn't keep running the guard would catch me.
To my advantage I didn't wear a heavy armor but a dirty white shirt, brown trousers that seemed to be made out of leather and some shoes of the same material so I was way faster than the man. Soon he had lost sight of me and I made sure to hide in a tree for enough time to make sure he was definitely gone.
Not much later I reached a small river and scanned my surroundings once again. Nothing of this was familiar. Not even the sunset felt the same so I decided to cross the river and walk until I'd arrive at place that could give me answers.

"Where the hell-?" I asked myself again but I wasn't to finish my sentence because all of a sudden I lost my balance on a slippery rock and fell. The last thing I felt was hitting my head hardly before I lost consciousness right in the middle of crossing that river.