☆14☆

Jisung's POV

I felt the warm tingling of the sun on my skin and the dull noises slowly became louder and clearer. I heard the traffic on the streets from far away, birds were chirping above my head and occasionally there was splashing water.

Was I really back? Back to earth 6 in the year 2020?
I opened my eyes slwoly and sat up to check my surroundings. It seemed as if I had landed at the shore of the small lake that I was well familiar with. But underneath me were uncomfortable stones and dirt and I was surrounded by bushes and trees making it impossible for other people to spot me.
My clothes were dry and they seemed to be the same I wore when I drowned 2 weeks ago. A black t-shirt, jeans and my converse.

Damn... maybe this whole time traveling thing was just a dream... But why would I be alive after drowning then?

Suddenly, I remembered something.

Prince Chan! He was in danger and nobody knew it! Why was Minho such an idiot to listen to his mother's command? No, I didn't know anything about their situation.
But if there was something that I was sure about then I knew that deep inside Minho wasn't someone who'd murder his brother, even if it was just a half brother.

His mother must have influenced him no matter if it was intended or not. But could any story of their past really justify a murder?

"SHIT! WHY DID IT HAVE TO TURN OUT LIKE THIS?!"
I yelled and threw a stone in the lake after standing up and stomping on the ground.
Something fell out of my pocket. I looked down and saw my phone laying on the ground. It had a few cracks on the screen but maybe it'd still work. As far as I knew it should be water proof so I picked it up and pressed the button.
It actually worked but the battery was down to 3%. I looked at the date and time.
It was 5:30 pm on a Sunday... 2 weeks had actually passed since I was gone.

Enough of this. I was back in my world now. Worrying would do me no good. At least that's what I tried telling myself.

I checked my messages. My so called "boyfriend" that had cheeted on me had sent almost a hundred messages but I didn't even want to count the calls. Some were from my neigbour and even the friends that didn't like me seemed to have called.

Every message was saying the same. Where are you? The police is searching for you. Please tell me that you're alright. Suicide is not a solution. Please come back. I need you. And so on...

But I didn't want to respond to any of their messages because I knew no one of them was really worrying about me.
I made my way out of the bushes and started walking along the path that let into the busier city.
Last time that I took this road I was running away from my life but now I was there to face it again, ready for a new start... but I couldn't stop thinking about Chan, Minho and the others. If I'd be able to go back to earth 3, would I do it after staying here for a while?

The weather started getting worse and soon I felt rain drops on my face. Gladly, I was almost home and after 5 minutes I arrived right infront of my front door in the large building I lived in.

I grabbed the key that was hidden under a small carpet and put it in the lock. Strangely, the door wasn't locked. Was someone in there? The police had to be searching for me so I assumed they might have forgotten to lock it but I didn't expect to see a familiar pair of shoes lazyly thrown on the floor when I entered.

Why would San be here?
I searched the whole appartment for him until I found the boy sleeping on my bed... with my hoodie on. I couldn't see his face because he was laying on his stomach and I didn't know what to do. I thought about waking him up but then there was definitely going to be a fight between us and I didn't have the energy to have a discussion now. So I decided to let him sleep for now and call the police to say I was back.

After I told the officer on the phone that I was well he responded something that worried me a bit.

"We're glad that you're good Mr. Han but there is something you might want to know. The person that reported you as missing was Choi San. You know him right?"

"Yes... I do know him." I responded and the police officer continued.

"His sister called yesterday evening saying that he was acting really strange on the phone and when we asked his girlfriend about it she said that Mr. Choi left his appartment yesterday evening without telling anyone where he is. The possibility that something happend to him is not low considering his register as a drug addict but if people miss a person they act without thinking."
Drug addict? Since when had San been a drug addict?

"Don't worry, I found him sleeping in my room when I entered my apartment but I didn't wake him up yet. He's probably fine."

"Perfect, if anything happens don't hestitate to call."

I hung up and walked to the fridge. That police officer was probably one of the nicest ones I had ever met. Not like San... he cheated on me but still just entered my apartement and put on my clothes like we'd still be together. I bet he was here to steal my things. At least he didn't plan on killing me like Minho...

Suddenly a small letter on the table caught my eye. My name was written on it and slowly I read the words underneath it.

Hey Jisung,
I bet you already figured out that there is a girl I went out with a few times.
When you suddenly went missing I felt responsible and couldn't take the guilt. That was when I realized that there is only one love in my life and that is you. I feel so bad for cheating on you and I don't know what to do that you'll ever forgive me.
Since the past week everything seems to worsen. My boss at the cafe is angry at me for not concentrating at work and nothing is working out anymore.

I also wanted to admit that I am involved in drug dealing for over half a year now... I don't remember how I got into it but I realized too late how severe the consequences are. Since you went missing I tried drowning the stress in more of it but I found myself in your apartment after I blacked out. I know I'm stupid and that I did a lot of bad things so I hope you'll feel better when I disappear from here.

Wherever you are, and I don't care if you'll ever find this letter but I want you to know that I always loved you. I made many wrong decisions in my life and cheating on you was one of them.
If you're still alive, don't feel guilty when you find out about me. There is so much more I want to tell you but-

His handwriting got so messy that I wasn't able to understand the letters content anymore... but what I had read was enough.
The letter fell out of my hand. Panic spread in my body and I ran to my bedroom not even realizing that I bumped into the wall. He wouldn't do that, he wouldn't kill himself.

I ran up to the boy and threw the cover away to turn his body around.

In his hand there was an empty box of pills. I stared at his face.
His eyes were half opened, his veins popping out but he was as pale as snow.

"Oh m- my-" Tears were running down my face and I collapsed on the floor because my legs refused to hold my body weight any longer. I felt like vomiting but my whole body was shaking and I couldn't control my breathing.
W-why?
_______________________________________

Don't do drugs kids! It's mental damage as well as physical