☆8☆

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM YOU MOSTER !?"

The man's voice made me look up and snap out of it. Prince Chan was standing right in front of me while facing his younger brother who slowly stood up and held his back.

"You don't tell me what to do, brother. Why do you even care about that servant?" His eyes were as cold as ice and even when Chan came at him he stayed the same.
"Listen Minho, Jisung is the cousin of Dahyun so he is under my protection. If you ever dare to touch him again, I'll make sure you never enter the palace again." He grabbed the younger by his collar.

"Yeah, that's what all of you want... that I just disappear. This man is just a servant of the palace... I can do anything I want with him."
Before Chan was able to say anything back prince Minho had freed himself and left the room in an instant.

The worried 2nd prince turned around to me instead of heading after him.
I wanted to say something but I didn't know how.

"Prince Chan, don't worry. I'm fi-"
All of a sudden he wrapped his arms around me in a warm embrace.
I wasn't scared or hurt but why were my legs still shaking?
Carefully, I mirrored his action and also put my arms around him. This wasn't like prince Minho... this felt like someone was sincerely worrying about me.

"Jisung... I told you to be carefull. I told you not to make me worry about you but you keep messing with my patience. Minho... what did he do to you?"
He let go of me and put the upper part of my dress back together as good as possibke. I couldn't look into his eyes when I started talking.

"He- he pulled me into this room because he suspected me of being a man. I think he assumes that I have ill intentions toward him."
Chans gaze then fell on the hairpin in my hand and I noticed his muscles tensing.

"Was he the one that tried to strangle you?"
I hesitated with my answer.

"Yes... I think it was because I saw him without his mask."
The prince grabbed my shoulders.

"Jisung. I don't care what his reasons are... my brother is consumed by his delusion of the whole world fighting him. When you see him next time you hide or run or anything else but don't try to talk to him or ask him anything!"
It wasn't like I wanted to talk to him again but I wasn't scared of him either. That prince was very dangerous but I pitied him. Like Prince Hyunjin said, he hid his true self behind a wall and let nobody see it. A serious mental condition didn't excuse his actions but if I thought about how I had felt when everything in my life had went down the hill and the whole world seemed to hate me... I could understand him a little. That didn't mean that I accepted his behaviour though.

"What if-"
"No what ifs!"
He held the front piece of my dress together and gently pushed me out on the hallways.

"Someone's gonna see us! Let me go!" I complained because he was basically hugging me while walking when trying to shield me from the others view.

He kept holding onto me and fastly walked in direction of my room.

"In that ripped dress of yours everyone is gonna see that you're a boy and that'd be a problem so we have to hurry."
He actually had a point, but still... did I really need to be taken care of like that?

"HUH? I knew Chan is doing filthy things to you Jisung!" Chan stopped in his track when prince Hyunjin walked around a corner in the in that moment. He had a knowing smile plastered on his face and raised his eyebrow.

The older prince'a mouth was slightly opened and a light shade of pink was visible on his cheeks. I had warned him.

"Why do you even know him? And no, obviously I'm not doing filthy things to him... a certain someone ripped his clothes and he can't walk around like that."
Another person appeared in the hallway. This time it was Felix accomanied by Lady Lisa who reacted too late to prevent Felix from hearing our conversation.