☆9☆

Another week had passed and I soon noticed how my new work wasn't much different from working as Jisa. I often was with Changbin and Felix and because most of the time I worked at the 2nd princes place I often saw Chan too. The prince didn't let me out of his sight since what happened with Prince Minho but actually, I felt like that was totally unneccessary... in fact I had become quite curious about the third prince.
Everyday, I walked through his part of the palace at least once but I never saw him... not even a single time. The same went for prince Wonpil who had traveled to the south with his soldiers because there was a group of robbers attacking the villages.

Prince Hyunjin on the other hand always greeted me nicely and some time's we'd talk about this and that. His personalitiy reminded me of one of my old friends. Unfortunately they never liked me to begin with so calling them friends wouldn't be correct. More like aquaintances.

I did also remember a few days ago when Felix had introduced me to youngest prince Seungmin. When I first met him at the parade I thought he'd be a silent guy that didn't talk much but as soon as he shook my hand and smiled when I greeted him, he reminded me more of a child than the cold soldier he wanted to be. We became friends really fast and since he was the youngest of the princes no one really cared if he spent almost all of his time hanging out with his servants. From him and Felix I learned how to sneak up on someone and what unfair tricks I could use in a fight against a stronger opponent. It wasn't like I couldn't fight... I had had taekwondo lessons since I was 7 years old but fighting with a sword was something completely different. When they asked me how much I knew about fighting I just said I knew nothing. In this time that was actually true.

...

When afternoon arrived today, I was told to bring tea for Prince Chan so that was exactly what I did right now. The sweet fragrance of the hot drink tingled my nose a bit and I wondered what herbs they used for their drinks here.
When I finally arrived in the pavillon where Chan was sitting I was happy to put the heavy tray down.

"Hello, Jisung" he greeted me. "Are you doing fine? Any problems?"
Him being overprotective slowly started to get on my nerves. Of course it wasn't a bad thing but I could protect myself. I was a grown 20 year old man after all.

"Please don't worry Prince Chan, I'm doing fine." I assured him while I poured some hot tea in a small cup. He gratefully took the tea but lightly grabbed my arm.

"Jisung sit down with me. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to you much the last days."
I took another chair and sat down next to him with a smile. Although I didn't know him for too long Prince Chan felt a little like an older brother to me. I felt like it was save talking to him...

"Prince Chan, I thought about Prince Minho and I couldn't help but overhear that every person in the palace seems to hate him for some reason... I hope this is not too much to ask but... why was he sent away as a child?" I put my words as careful as possible and noticed how the the happy expression in his face slowly faded. What did I expect though? This topic was somehow highly sensitive to everyone I mentioned it in the palace.

"As you might already know... his mother is not the queen and that is the main reason why his life became so complitacated. Actually, our mother is the one who despises him the most because he is the living proof that the king once cheated on her. Minho was always treated like an outcast but he never made an effort to assert himself. Instead, he left when he was still young and lived in different villages all around the area and when he comes back it is mostly to get financial support from the palace. Sometimes he's here for a few days, sometimes for 2 weeks, it changes from time to time..." he told me while I listened closely. It sounded a little like he was implying that it was Minho's own fault for being hated. But how could anyone expect a person that was mistreated to show respect to those who did it...?