☆11☆

When I got back to the palace there was neither a sign of prince Minho nor of the pink haired boy named Jeongin.
Instead I was greated with prince Chan heading in my direction with quick steps.

"Jisung! Where have you been? Did Minho do anything to you?! Hyunjin told me you were near the river with him." He failed at hiding his anger while saying that. I understood that Chan had to be suspicious of his brother since yesterday but they were still family... yet prince Minho was always spoken of as an outsider ot criminal.
I decided to keep my mouth shut about today's incidents for various reasons because I didn't want to cause him more worry.

"I'm totally fine, you see? He just wanted to ask for forgiveness."
The prince observed my every move closely until his eyes stopped on my shirt.
"Why is your clothing wet? Did you fall into the river?!"
Why was he so overprotective? It wasn't like I was his family and I also was just a lower aristocrat while he was a prince. In the end I had to tell him about the river. I looked down and started talking.
"Yes.. I sliped on a rock and fell into river but prince Minho saved."

I told the truth but Chan was looking at me like he didn't believe my words. In that moment, when he wanted to say something, the palace gate opened and about 10 knights on horses entered the palace with loud noise and the person leading the group stopped right in front of us.

It was crown prince Wonpil. He easily jumped down from his horse and greeted us.
"Hello brother and..."
"Han Jisung" I said and he smiled but something about his expression was odd and I wasn't the only one noticing it.
"Wonpil, there are 5 men missing in your group... what happend to you?" Prince Chan asked his brother and I noticed that most of the knights were injured... but none of them showed the pain in their faces even though some of were paler than a vampire.

"Lets go in first." The brown haired prince mumbled so we followed right behind him. On the way Wonpil told us the story.

"Our plan was to catch some robbers that threatend a nearby village but when we found their hideout it turned out that they were much more than we expected and their true intention was to lure me to them. We still don't know their reasons but we were lucky to get away... we have to be careful from now on. They didn't seem like an ordinary group of thugs so I expect them to have a higher goal... if they want me dead there is a high chance that the other princes are also in danger."
It seemed like prince Wonpil worried more about his brothers that himself.

But we were talking about the royal arms here so I didn't think those robbers would pose any threat. Even if there were 100 of them, the guards of the palace were more that 200 men and probably they were trained better.

Wonpil stopped infront of the entrance to the kings room and turned around to me and Chan.

"I'm going inform the king but unfortunately you can not come with us, Jisung. Please keep what I told you a secret for know. We can't know who we can trust right now."
I nodded and thanked him for trusting me. When the two princes were gone I made my way back to the horses.

On the way I crossed paths with two people walking side by side. When they came closer I recognized their faces. It was prince Hyunjin and the pinkhaired mystery boy called Jeongin.
The prince was grinning at him and squished his cheek when the younger mirrored it.

"Ahh stop, you know I hate that!" The poor boy whined and as soon as they saw me coming Hyunjin stopped.

"You know each other?" I asked them and failed making eye contact with Jeongin.

"I've known Jeongin for as long as I can think. He's basically another brother to me. Why do you ask? You two have met each other already?"

Interesting... so Jeongin had to be from this time if Hyunjin had known him for so long.But did he also know that his precious friend could stop the time? Probably not...
I turned to the pink haired boy.

"Actually, we met each other a few times and I wanted to talk to him. Do you mind me taking him for a minute?" I asked.

"Do as you please. But don't make him smile too much. His smile belongs to me."

With a last warning gaze he walked the other way and disappeared around a corner so I was finally alone with Jeongin. There were at least 100 questions in my mind.

"Why-" I started but he interrupted me by turning around and looking me directly in the eye.

"Let's start from the beginning." He spoke kindly.
Was that a smile? I thought he didn't like me... he had said that I was the reason for a mistake in their system.

"My name is Yang Jeongin and I'm a time spirit."

"Time spirit?" I wondered in confusion but quickly quieted down when I realized he wasn't finished yet.

"Oh I'm sorry. Please continue."

"So, as I said I'm a time spirit. Simply said, I can help people who have no place in their world to give them the chance to start another live in another time. But I... made a little mistake with you. Normally, the person forgets everying about their old life and gets the memories of their past self from another universe but you are still Han Jisung of 2020 on earth 6."

Wait, this way too much for me. My brain wasn't that fast. Was the existence of spirits normal in this parallel world? Was I supposed to understand all that?

"Wait wait wait, do you mean there's something like a multiverse with more that one earth?"
The boy was still smiling, somehow seeming proud to showcase his knowledge.

"Yes, you used to live on earth 6 in the year 2020 but Han Jisung on this eath, earth 3, lives in the year 1016. It is comparable to a past version of your world in some aspects but history is a little different here. Unfortunately, he died when he fell from a high rock near the river and I decided to transfer your soul into his body. You should have received a part of his memories but somehow you still have your old memories..."

Slowly, I understood what he was talking about but it was still so strange. Actually, I thought that I probably would have had a better life if I remembered a different past but it was too late anyway. The time spirit must have tried to transfer my soul because I lost everything in my old life but yet I was somehow bound to it... I hated the circumstances under which I lived here even if the people were amazing.

"Can I go back?... back to earth 6?"
I asked.
Although I made really good friends here I wanted to go back... back to the modern world. Not to the fake friends I had. Not to the boyfiend that cheated on me but to a live that still offered more than this old smelly palace.
But there was one person making this decision especially hard.

"There is actually a way. I've isolated your body on earth 6 so it doesn't rot and you could possibly return there. However, this body will collapse as soon as you go. It will be alive but without a soul it'll be like in an endless sleep... To be honest I would live to fix this mistake with your approval which I why I reached out to you... so, do you want to return?"

Could I leave Minho? And the others? It hadn't been that long since I learned to know them right? So maybe I'd be able to forget about this... although I didn't want to.

Without further thinking I agreed before I'd change my mind.

"I see. You should know that the soul transferring is a rather complicated spell and requires a large amount of concentration and spiritual energy. Thats why we'll do it in 2 days, when the full moon shines spirits are the strongest. I'll give you a sign when the time comes." Jeongin explained and in the next second he was suddenly gone.

It all went so quick. Was it really that easy to go back? No consequences? No after effects?

I hadn't even realised it before but I was crying when I went back into my room.

Tears were rolling down my face when I understood that it was time to say goodbye.

Why was it so hard? And why didn't Minho's face leave my mind? He was just another person that wouldn't have any meaning in my life so how did I grow so attached that I couldn't even bring up the courage to say good bye to him?
_______________________________________

Btw this story is gonna have about 30 chapters but I'll do a second part (a second book) in which the story continues but from another person's POV

(I paused the second story and I probably won't continue writing it but if you're bored you can still check it out. It's Changlix and Minsung)